Week 4 of my #SummerofSelfLove

So here I am, at the start of week four of my #SummerofSelfLove and I've got to say I'm pretty darn proud of myself {insert big smile.} I'm finishing up the last week of my summer of self love menu. I'm staying hydrated. I'm staying in touch with my loves. I'm praying, meditating and doing my yoga, and just being in the moment. I've also gotta share that it feels great, like super dupa good to feel more balanced. You guys will probably hear and get tired of me talking about experiencing my first earthquake back in March, but whew, that bad boy really shook me up.

So much praise to God that I was not effected much by Covid-19. And regarding the racial tension in our world, it pretty much always shakes me even though I've experienced it personally for much of my 47, almost 48 years of life. So much of what took place around Memorial Day weekend as well as learning about too many other accounts of police brutality, racially motivated murders and just all of the energy of opinions and hatred and divisiveness had a lot for the reason I even started my #SummerofSelfLove regimen.

It was and is so important that I recall what is most important in this world and that I act from a place of kindness and love. It was and still is very important that I stay focused, centered and grounded. As the saying shares freedom isn't free and I know from personal experience that the fights for justice and freedom take such a long time.

The way many and myself looked back at our history during this time, I felt it was important for me to take a short look back at my progress as I enter into the week that will conclude the first month of my #SummerofSelfLove. I did rice bowls which is a pre planned, pre cooked and put together meals for lunch and dinner five days a week to make sure I'm getting in enough vegetables, healthy carbs and healthy proteins. I just needed that because feeling ungrounded and unfocused, I know me, it would otherwise be so easy to reach for salty snacks, sweets and let the days get by me without having one single vegetable. I'm really so proud of myself for sticking to that menu and I now that I feel more grounded I know I can prepare meals daily making sure I get in enough foods from each food group. I also did a playlist because music just soothes and heals the soul.

I had a bit of a tough time getting into the summer mood so I made a short list of things to do to get me into a summer state of mind. I reminded myself of the importance of saying No as what I feel has probably been one of my best forms of self love. And I reminded myself that it's ok to clap for myself.

Looking back over the first three weeks of my #SummerofSelfLove process I just have to say again that it feels so good to feel more grounded and more focused. This may sound crazy, but I'm really excited to get back to cooking my meals on a daily now. I do love food. Eating to live as well as living to eat both makes me happy.  And I'm also excited to explore what came up regarding how I want to be loved and how I'm willing to love. I was not expecting that {yikes and lol} and I don't recall thinking about it since my divorce. And yeah, I'm just feeling super blessed as always to be here on our little tiny globe, doing my little part to help make our world a better place, so I'm also excited to see what comes of that during in regards to my doing my part as I continue this entire journey as well as this leg of my journey. Cheers to a summer of self love and loving one another.

Comments

Popular Posts