3 Ways To Relax and Just Be

Mural By: Tarabella Aversa for Burnin Bridges Chattanooga 

"And in this season, I will just be." These are the words that came to me earlier this month as I thought about my #SummerofSelfLove journey coming to an end. And of course not just in this season, but always, the goal is to just be. Honestly it's not a stretch for me to just be. My Leo spirit and personality is pretty easy going. And praise be to my mom, she's always allowed my siblings and I to just be, especially since she know we are of a world that would not. 

It's crazy to me that people have even tried to make me feel guilty for my relaxed, easy going attitude. But who wants to always be thinking and going and doing, and thinking and thinking and thinking, lol. It can be exhausting. The thing is to me in the importance to just be, is this, we're not promised tomorrow. This I'm sure we already know, but boy has 2020 surely reminded us of that. And life can be hard enough, so hey, in those moments where we can just be, I say do just that, just be. 

So just what does it mean to just be. For starters, not overthinking what it means to just be or anything. It's kind of like Nike's Just Do It to me. If you want to do something, just be and then just do it. Often I see us doing things according to what "they" or the world say. I've learned to not get all up in my mind caring about what "they" say. Who the hell is or has "they" ever been anyway. 

I love these words in the The Beauty In Being You post. "The world can become so noisy and filled with ways of sharing outright or in ugly undertones that you, you the person that God created is somehow not enough. It's hard for me to believe that I let my guard down and started to hear the roar of the world over the word of God." Reminding myself who I truly am, a child of God, always puts me right back on track if I get to caught up in my head and too caught up in the world.

It's been a journey and I am sure it will continue to be a journey, however over the years it's become a journey of way less explaining myself to people, surely less of worrying about what others think, that's pretty darn near non-existent, and just relaxing and enjoying what I call this beautiful, crazy thing called life. It's so important to enjoy each precious moment. To enjoy and allow ourselves love and peace and happiness, to relax and just be. 

Here are 3 ways I love to relax and just be. 

1. Get out of my own way and my own head. If I find myself overthinking, I sit up straight, make sure my ears aren't up to my shoulders, take a deep inhale through my nose and exhale out through my mouth. This breathing exercise I've done at my work desk, on the train, just wherever and whenever needed. If it doesn't help, I'll journal what had my mind going so much and write down ways for me to let it go and it works, I end up letting whatever it is go. 

2. Surround myself with like minded people. Some people are family and some are friends I've had forever, and they're not as easy to let go of as just an associate because there's a deeper love for them. However I do limit my time and energy with them. I let it be known that I love them dearly, and I remind myself that it's ok to love me more. And sometimes that means just that, loving me more and enough to limit my time with those who seem to be set on thinking and often talking negatively about people, etc.

3. I remind myself that I am a child of God. This is like saving the best for last. For me to remind myself of the simplicity of life, to let go of any ego and remind myself of what I've known all along, just takes me right out of my mind, out of this world and makes it so simple I can't do anything but just be. How am I going to know that I am a child of God and worry about what someone thinks of me? How am I going to know that I am a child of God and worry about anything? How am I going to be a child of God and be all up and through my mind concerned about anything but love. Now don't get me wrong, love comes with action in my opinion, but for me to love is also to just be. For example, I may share with someone that I love them and if that love is not returned, I don't question why, I just let it be. If for example the person to whom I shared my love is for me, they will be for me. There's no need for me to get caught up in over thinking it. And this applies to many things life. 

So yes, cheers to relaxing, to enjoying this beautiful crazy thing called life and to enjoying the beauty there is to letting go to just be. And speaking of which, I'm just going to just be ok with posing with a guitar that I can't play, lol. I may learn a couple of favorite riffs, but yeah, truly learning to play it's not one of my goals and that is perfectly ok. 

Comments

Popular Posts