First Playlist of 2022

 

Happy New Year!!! :) I'm excited to share the first blog post of 2022 along with the first playlist of 2022. The songs on the first playlist are songs that are on constant play in my head, when I'm riding the train to work, I think I even hear them in my sleep, lol. 

I'm listening to one of them now as I type this post. It's Tell Me Something Good by Rufus & Chaka Khan. I love this song. As a child my grand parents would play this song at every gathering we had. Rufus and Chaka Khan was a staple always rotating on the vinyl. I remember loving it, doing the latest dances to it or just spinning around and around. One time I was spinning around, got dizzy and hit my head on this cute cabinet my grand parents had that held the record player. I loved that piece of furniture. Opening those two doors meant my granny or pops were about to put the needle to the record and play some awesome, funky tunes. Number 27 on the playlist is The Staples Let's Do It Again. I never knew what these songs were talking about as a child, but I loved the beats and loved the energy in the room. My pops and granny would sometimes dance and I knew they were happy. The music and memories brings such a wonderful joy. 

Along with the above oldies and goodies are two Paul McCartney songs that I'm digging so much right now. On my first winter trip of 2022, I watched McCartney's McCartney 3-2-1 where he was interviewed by Rick Rubin and reminisced about his music and the music of The Beatles. They are songs 5 and 6. I love them both so much I want to cover them. 


All of the songs on the playlist, even the faster pace ones fits my chill mood that start of this year. I've been dreaming of a lot of weekend excursions of exploring new places, but in super chill mode. And I've also been feelin a lot of the mood from the time in which I was born, the 70's. I'm loving the vibe and loving the songs on constant play in my head and on the first playlist of 2022. 

What songs from the playlist are some favorites of yours? 



Comments

Popular Posts