My Best Over 40 Skincare Routine and The 3 Products My Skin Loves

 

 

Best Over 40 Skincare Routine

Oh my gosh ya'll. I can not believe on some days and nights I skipped moisturizing my skin. You know, there are those things we're probably all guilty of doing and taken my body's largest organ, my skin, for granted has been one of those things for me. 

I'm turning 50 next year and I've had to be honest with myself about some things that happens naturally to our bodies. As awesome and resilient as our bodies are, some things do change with age. I'm guessing genetics plays a role as well and therefore those changes may not be the same for everyone. However I'm thinking many of the changes may be similar for most of us. 

The 4 Products My Skin Loves 

For me one of the biggest changes I've noticed are wrinkles on my face and in my neck area. I've read that our bodies produces less collagen which as we age may contribute to fine lines, wrinkles and the skin being less elastic. Along with eating foods that are said to help encourage the production of collagen, I've also added a collagen rich serum to my over 40 skincare routine. 

The first collagen enriched serum that I've tried is Derma-e's Advanced Peptides & Collagen Serum. It was around $28 at Whole Foods grocery store. 

My current skincare routine for my face and neck area includes gently washing my face, then using a toner, my collagen serum and then applying a daily hydration face lotion. I love that the products I use don't leave my skin feeling too dry nor too oily. I'm thinking I may have to play around with different products from time to time as hormones may change as well as considering the change of seasons. 

My Best Over 40 Skincare Routine


Aging is such a beautiful blessing. I've always cared for my body and with age, I'm encouraged to care for it even more. Along with my skin care products, I exercise more regularly, eat more balanced meals and keep well hydrated by drinking plenty plenty of water. 

One quote has always shared that "an apple a day keeps the doctor away." As I continue to research the best foods to eat that naturally has the things I need to keep my skin healthy, I think an apple a day may also keep the wrinkles away, lol. 

NOTE: The Thayer and SheaMoisture products shown above are products I'm currently using. The serum products are ones I wish to try soon. The actual collagen serum I use was purchased at Whole Foods. 

Hello Beautiful, Loving Souls. I love sharing and telling you more about the products and deals I find and love. If you love them too and decide to purchase through the links on my blog, I may receive a commission. Pricing and availability are subject to change. 

Comments

Popular Posts