Travel Dreaming - A Romantic Getaway to New Orleans

 

It's time for a romantic getaway to New Orleans {big smile.} New Orleans is one of my absolute favorite cities to visit. I love the energy, the music, the food, the cobblestone streets. Although I've visited numerous times for Mardi Gras, once for the Satchmo Festival and once alone as a bit of a self love trip after my divorce, I've never experienced the city solely for a romantic getaway. Let the dream music start. 

A Romantic Getaway to New Orleans 

As I started to dream about a romantic getaway to New Orleans, I started to think of all that I would love to do and what I'd like to wear. But first, where to stay. 

I've enjoyed lovely stays at The Moxy, the JW Marriott and at the Ritz Carlton. For a romantic getaway, I think I would enjoy a return visit to the JW Marriott. I loved the view of the city from my room, lounging in a super comfy robe and the room felt more conducive to romantic nights. I also loved the hotel's distance to many of my favorite places. 

A Romantic Getaway to New Orleans 

For a romantic getaway, I would love to spend a lot of time in the room with my love. Walking hand in hand to go enjoy the sweet, powdered goodness of beignets and a frozen cafe au lait would be romantic to me. 

Some of the romantic restaurants I'm drooling over are The Elysian, Brennan's and the Bombay Club. I've got more research to do, but their menus and decor are fitting my bill for how I like to enjoy a romantic evening with my special someone. 

A night of jazz and dancing must be on the list. A night of dancing has been on my list for some time now. I just want some My Funny Valentine and jazzy tunes, and to dance close to my love kissing their lips with them holding me close. Oh, sweet baby Jesus, in my mind, I'm already there. 

Romantic Things To Do In New Orleans 

When I'm with that special someone, the world can go by like the speed of light, but in those moments, I see and feel only them. That's where I dream to be. During one visit to New Orleans, my friends and I visited The Jazz Playhouse and it was one of the best evenings ever. The lights were dimmed, the drinks were and food were so yummy and there was dancing. There was also this one moment where this one musician came in for an impromptu play with the house band and it was pure magic. 

Hello Beautiful, Loving Souls. I love sharing and telling you more about the products and deals I find and love. If you love them too and decide to purchase through the links on my blog, I may receive a commission. Pricing and availability are subject to change. 




Comments

Popular Posts