28 Love Songs For Valentine's Day and Always


She is poetry in motion
She is a love song
She is the giver of life
She is Queen
Mother 
Lover
Wife
She is everything
She is woman
Poem By: Ty Swint aka SweetheartWordEmpress

I love this illustration by my dear, talented and beautiful friend. She drew this illustration from a photo of me playing Lovie, my cajon. 

I love so much how the artist captured so beautifully the softness, a flow, a gentleness that embodies a woman. 

I often share that I love being a woman. Many of my poems shares sentiments to the beauty, the awe, the magic, the resilience, the strength that is woman. I think we are just amazing beings that are so loving, caring, soft, sweet with our tones and feelings. To me we are love. Truly we are everything. 

As I type this I think about some that may feel my words and thoughts and feelings around women is too much. I can hear someone saying, "Ya'll ain't all that." And that makes me sad, hurt and just sad again because I think many of us have stepped away from truly loving a woman in the way we were meant to be loved. 

I love Valentine's Day and days like Mother's Day. I love these two holidays so much because I think they make us pause to recall just how amazing women are. I have to admit I sometimes forget myself, but then certain things take place and I am reminded of who and what I am. 

It is my hope and prayer that we continue to grow in our appreciation for women. And I hope that we take our show of appreciation past the holiday to show love to the special women in our lives and to each other. 

I loved listening to these 28 love songs that I picked to share for Valentine's Day and as the title suggests for always. Some of the lyrics made me cry. I look forward to sharing those lyrics with you throughout the month of February. I hope you enjoy this month's playlist. 

What is your favorite love song? 

1. For The Love Of You - The Isley Brothers 
2. The Lady In My Life - Michael Jackson 
3. Any Time, Any Place - Janet Jackson 
4. When We Dance - Sting 
5. If I Told You That - George Michael and Whitney Houston 
6. You Give Good Love - Whitney Houston 
7. You Bring Me Joy - Anita Baker 
8. Talk - Khalid
9. Lady - Kenny Rogers 
10. Endless Love - Lionel Richie and Diana Ross 
11. Hold Me - Teddy Pendergrass and Whitney Houston 
12. A Song For You - Leon Russell 
13. Take Your Time - Al Green and Corinne Bailey Rae
14. Superstar - The Carpenters 
15. I Could Fall In Love - Selena 
16. LOVE - Barbra Streisand  
17. Take A Bow - Madonna
19. Ready For Love - India Arie 
20. You Sang To Me - Marc Anthony 
21. I've Got Love On My Mind - Natalie Cole 
22. Damn U - Prince 
23. Someone To Love - Jon B ft. Babyface
24. After The Dance - Marvin Gaye
25. Feels Like The First Time - Corinne Bailey Rae
26. No Ordinary Love - Sade
27. Beauty - Dru Hill 
28. For You - Kenny Lattimore 






Comments

Popular Posts