10 Self Love Gifts For Valentine's Day

 


10 Self Love Gifts For Valentine's Day

When it comes to giving myself a bit of extra self lovin', any reason will do. The act of self love is something I very fortunately learned early in life. Thank you mom. ☺

One of my fondest childhood memories is of when my mom would put down a blanket in front of the door, open it and the window, and set with me and my brothers on the blanket enjoying tea and olives from the jar during thunderstorms. It was so relaxing and I loved the time with my mom and little brothers. 

As I got older and headed into my teenage years and early 20's, my mom would have me put aside so much money from my allowance and pay checks that I started to earn at age 13. The money was just for me my mom shared. She encouraged me to take the money I put aside to do something special for myself. I often wanted to help my mom buy school items for myself and my little brothers during the summer in preparation for the coming school year. My mom allowed it as I kind of insisted, lol, and she knew it brought me great joy, but that portion I put aside for me my mom made sure that I used it just for that, me. 

I would always have some left over as I would buy little things from the flea market that we'd visit on Saturdays. There were a couple of stores at which I enjoyed shopping. I would buy a t-shirt here, a pair of jeans there. And I loved, LOVED magazines. That was my biggest treat to myself. Buying magazines like BOP and Tiger Beat and others I can't recall right now. But I loved reading about my favorite music artists and tearing the posters out of the magazine to hang all over my wall. 

10 Self Love Gifts For Valentine's Day

Fast forward to now and this ritual is something I still enjoy greatly. I don't put aside funds every payday, however during special holidays like my birthday, New Year's Eve, Christmas and Valentine's Day, I'll treat myself to something really special or little things here and there that makes my heart extra happy. 

Valentine's Day Gifts For Yourself

This Valentine's month, the 10 things I'm treating myself to varies from time alone, to buying a magazine which I haven't done since around September, October. I have a dream gift, this beauty. While I won't get this gift this month, I'm going to keep my eyes open for sales alerts. 😉

Below are 10 gifts I'm treating myself to. Take a look around at that cuties above. You may find some goodies for yourself too. 

1. A sea salt bath with candles and music.
2. A new dress. I really like this one
3. New lingerie. I already purchased the cutest piece and may get one or two more.
4. Time at one of my favorite coffee shops to enjoy my winter read, All About Love by Bell Hooks.
6. Cute socks to lounge around in. These self love socks are so adorable. 
7. An appetizer and my favorite drink at one of my favorite restaurants. 
8. Three to four magazines with some time to enjoy each.
9. A love note to myself and/or poem if a poem organically forms.
10. A visit to a sculpture park I've wanted to go to for some time now.

Here's to self love. What goodies will you treat yourself to this Valentine's Day? 


Hello Beautiful, Loving Souls. I love sharing and telling you more about the products and deals I find and love. If you love them too and decide to purchase through the links on my blog, I may receive a commission. Pricing and availability are subject to change. 

Comments

Popular Posts