21 Songs To Start The New Year


21 SONGS TO START THE NEW YEAR



Music, Art, Love..... yes please. I love me some love and just can not say enough about art forms that brings so much love, joy and happiness. 

Outside of some good ole cuddle up, romantic love. I also love culinary arts which not only feeds my belly, but also my soul. And when I'm cooking and eating, there's almost always music playing in the background. The only place I can think of that I love and enjoy so much that does not have music are at the art galleries and museums that I visit. But that's ok, I typically end up humming a tune or enjoying the silence as I enjoy the art and sometimes sit with and write or poem or two. 

Here's a list of songs I'm currently listening to, dancing to, cooking to, getting romantic to and singing in my head.

21 SONGS TO START THE NEW YEAR

1. It's A New Day - Common Kings

2. Into The Future - HBC Merc 

3. Human - Rag'nBone

4. Hideaway - Kiesza

5. Good Kisser - Usher

6. I Can't Stand the Rain - Ann Peebles

7. Steady Love - India Arie

8. Put That Woman First - Jaheim

9. Cold - Chris Stapleton

10. When Doves Cry - Prince & The Revolution

11. Slow Down - Skip Marley, H.E.R

12. Está Rico - Marc Anthony, Will Smith, Bad Bunny

13. I Like That - Janelle Monáe

14. We Are Young - Fun. Janelle Monáe

15. SLOW DANCING IN THE DARK - Joji

16. Say So - Doja Cat 

17. Umbrella - Rihanna

18. Juice - Lizzo

19. Buttons - The Pussycat Dolls ft. Snoop Dogg

20. Goodies - Ciara ft. Petey Pablo

21. Get Me Bodied - Beyoncé (Timbaland Remix)

Well that's 21 songs to kick of the new year, but oh my gosh, there's so many more I've caught myself singing. 

With plans to visit White Limozeen in Nashville before the very unfortunate tragedy there on Christmas day, I looked up Dolly Parton's {love her} White Limozeen album and fell in love with What Is It My Love. And I'm always singing Sade's music. Recently No Ordinary Love is the Sade song I find myself singing most often. These lyrics I just love so much even though they feel so painful:

I gave you all the love I got
I gave you more than I could give
Gave you love
I gave you all that I have inside
And you took my love
You took my love
I keep crying
I keep trying for you
And then I watched a documentary about Teddy Pendergrass over the holiday and it was so good. A little sad too, but wow his music. I've always loved Turn Off The Lights. And the two songwriters who wrote a lot of his music are amazing writers. 
What's on your playlist to kick off 2021?
* I DO NOT OWN THE RIGHTS TO ANY OF THESE SONGS 






Comments

Popular Posts