#SummerofSelfLove 5 More Days

I am so glad I did this #SummerofSelfLove journey. It end up being the journey I didn't even know I needed, lol. I shared in the series first post, that I'm pretty good at loving and caring for myself. It has been a really long journey to get to where I am now on my self love journey and I feel this summer's journey enhanced what already was. And before sharing more, I have to say, it has been such a blessing to even be in a position to truly tune into myself and the journey. With Covid, I've had the opportunity to work from home since late March. And by the time I started the journey, I had the opportunity to accept a voluntary leave from my company which left me with the even greater opportunity to work only three days per week and that has been for myself which allows greater control over my time. Praise God. 

So yes, with more time for me, I indulged deeply in my yoga, prayers and meditations. It was enhanced because I had no concerns for time. During my time working, I would have to set aside 30 minutes or an hour if I were lucky. During my #SummerofSelfLove, oh my gosh, I would come to realize that I was on the mat for like two hours. I would just flow with no taking photos for the blog and truly being in the moment. I would do whatever the day called upon me to do first. Sometimes that was prayer and giving thanks, other days it was being still and just breathing before moving on into any yoga positions, prayer, meditation. If something came up, any thoughts or a poem, a song, what have you, I'd allow myself the time to sit quietly on my mat and write it all down, to cry, to feel, to just be. And that is what has come into light for this next season, to just be. I know I've shared a few times that I was not prepared or had given any thought to the notion of how I wish to be loved. The whole idea of the #SummerofSelfLove journey came from wanting to vibrate higher, beyond opinions of what was, still is taking place in the world, to ground myself and to focus on matters most important and other than becoming upset and giving my opinion in return. My opinion did not and does not matter, staying focused for change and acting and doing out of love was at the forefront of my journey to ground myself and vibrate higher. Doesn't really sound like self love, does it, practicing self love to be better for your community and others. But it is, so I believe in my most humble opinion. 

So yeah, the whole, how do I want to be loved thing through me a bit, but I explored it because I promised myself that I would explore whatever came up before I started the journey. I'm not sure what God has in store for me in this area, but the two things that came up over and over again were to just be and for me to love how I wish to be loved, which is unconditionally. I think God even presented me with opportunities to put this into practice and also reminded me it was possible by recalling to my memory the unconditional love of two of the most amazing women on this planet, my mom and granny. Blessed be me, I have even more awesome women like them in my life.

As I type I'm in tears because I really feel more grounded. I feel more love and loved, and I feel such a comfort in just being. And along with these tears if I could turn cartwheels I would because it just so happens that I get to end this beautiful journey with a vacation. I'm so excited. My last 5 days of summer and of my #SummerofSelfLove journey will be spent away from my computer. As much as I love to blog, I will not do so for the next 5 days, nor will I be on social media. 

I'm so excited that it worked out this way for me to spend the last week of this journey on vacay. I hope you enjoy the rest of your summer and I will see you guys come Fall. I type that like it's so far away, lol, and it's this coming Tuesday. Oh and another note about the journey, my #SummerofSelfLove menu, yea me, I've gotten back on track with my eating-well habits. I'm so proud of me for that. If you'd like to read more on my #SummerofSelfLove journey, I've put the articles here. Thank you so much for joining me. I hope you'll stay tuned.

Comments

Popular Posts