7 Ways To Keeping Your Balance and Keeping Your Happy

Location: Utah Salt Flats
 
Has 2020 been a crazy year for you? Oh my gosh, it's been a lot of the unexpected even with happenings for which I am used to, there was still a lot of the unexpected in even the familiar.

I've probably shared this a lot, that this year I experienced my first earthquake. Oh my God. Keeping my balance and feeling grounded after that was pretty darn tough.

This year has been something else to say the least. I'm staying hopeful that we're all going to come out of 2020 stronger and wiser, kinder and more loving. Prayfully the worst is behind us and we're keeping our balance as well as our happy and peace.

How have you been keeping your balance and keeping your happy. Here's what has helped me.
 
1. Chatting often with family and friends.
I've been chatting solely with my ride or die group and that is my mom, granny, brothers and one of my dearest friends. I knew they wouldn't try to slide in any inconsiderate comments even if we didn't see eye to eye on particular subjects. I trusted only those people I know the best, who truly care for me and my well being.
2. Preparing meals in advance.
From what I've read and made note of, certain foods can give you a high and then have you crashing. Plus I've come to far from a woman who was overweight with high cholesterol and lowering my cholesterol via NO meds and only through eating well and exercise. I kept my happy by watching what I eat. I created a #SummerofSelfLove menu that I followed for 4 weeks to make sure I got in enough of everything from each food group. Once I felt more balanced and knew I wouldn't reach for salty and sugary snacks that may leave me feeling sluggish, I went back to cooking everyday, but still eating healthier snacks and making sure I stayed hydrated and got enough foods from each food group.
3. Using social media for business purposes only.
I took a week off from social media, posting only to promote the blog. No scrolling down to read anyone's opinions, me not posting mine. I eventually decided that I would use social media only for my blog business and went ole school with staying in touch with my loved ones via calling them, texting and sending cards. I also turned off my social media notifications on my phone and went to use social media ONLY during my set aside work hours. I'm a happier person for this disconnect for sure.
4.Prayer, yoga and meditation.
Prayer has always been huge for helping me to feel balanced. I've always been good at giving thanks throughout the day to help keep me grounded, balanced and just because I am so thankful for this beautiful, crazy thing called life. Getting back to the mat for yoga and adding meditation back to my daily has been great at keeping my balanced and happy.
5. Practicing discernment.
I'm a free spirit and keep myself open to people and I like to think the best of people before thinking the worst. It has not served me well often. I read one business person who shared her thoughts of keeping a small circle and having good judgement of people. I must have stepped out of line when God was handing out that trait, lol. But I'm learning, even at my late age.
6. Enjoying nature.
I've always loved nature, well until the bugs come out. But with Covid I've learned to love it even more. I make sure I get out and do something at least once a week, even if it's a short 30 minute walk. And often time my honey bunny and I take a little weekend excursion to enjoy the drive, the sky, each other and whatever destination we reach.
7. Staying Creative and Enjoying the Creativity of Others.
The ching, ching guy has been my favorite this year. Oh my gosh, so much so I would love to meet him and give him flowers and toast with wine. At the beginning of the pandemic this guy enjoyed a glass of wine with a guests list of just himself toasting to himself. I don't know why, but it cracked me up. And I love music and art. They've always been my healing sources.

Cheers to keeping your balance and keeping your happy. 😃
 

Comments

Popular Posts