4 Brands I Love That Are Black Owned

I'm so in love with the Cushnie for Target line and I'm so happy I purchased a few of the line's dresses before they were all gone. I'm hoping the duo will pair up again. Designer Carly Cushnie designs are so elegant and beautiful, fitting a woman's body so well. In the photo I'm wearing the #CushniesxTarget Leopard Print Wrap dress in black. In this blog post I shared some of Cushnie's wear that are my dream pieces.

During the push to buy from and work with Black owned fashion brands, creatives, provide a higher percentage of shelf space in stores and more, many bloggers and influencers participated in a week long mute to assist in amplifying the voices of their Black colleagues and other persons of color. The time was also spent learning more about the Black culture, injustices and more. I decided to take the week as well to also learn and educate myself on what more I could do to better work with and to amplify the creatives, business owners and more that are African American.

While my family and I already belonged to organizations like the ACLU, had attended several local NAACP meetings, worked to support petitions via the Color of Change, along with unfortunately too many personal fights for justice, I knew there was still more for me to learn and do.

I thought about the aforementioned things that I was already doing, along with always seeking out Black owned restaurants to dine at during my travels, but two main things that I was not doing was shopping with Black owned fashion brands and businesses on a regular for things I use daily and also for my fashion and beauty needs. Another thing that came to mind was using my position in the hospitality industry to encourage owners of hotels and restaurants to work with Black owned businesses for their supplies as well as maintenance needs for their facilities.

Last month's efforts to buy from Black owned businesses was a modest start for me and I'm excited to learn about more Black owned fashion and beauty brands to buy from and feature on the The Love Channel with Ty.
{Earrings from brazedbrand}
 
Along with the gorgeous dresses I purchased from the Cushnie for Target line, I also love these gorgeous hair adornments from Lingua Nigra and these super cute earrings from brazedbrand. I've yet to try my eyeshadows from Mented Cosmetics and look forward to trying them soon. They are so pretty. The goal is to have a list of brands I love and have personally tried all ready to share for Christmas and the upcoming holidays. Stay Tuned.

Hello Beautiful, Loving Souls. I love sharing and telling you more about the products and deals I find and love. If you love them too and decide to purchase through the links on my blog, I may receive a commission. Pricing and availability are subject to change. 

Comments

Popular Posts