This ONE Thing Improved My Life Instantly

 
I tell you what. It is odd for me to feel out of control. I'm a pretty laid back Leo. It's pretty easy for me to simply go with the flow and make a way out of no way. And as one of my friends shared, when they think of me, they think of Rainbows and Sunshine, Miami and Mojitos, and the beach, lol. So when I started to feel a little uncertain about what the future holds, not like we ever truly know, I had to find a way to regain my composer and control versus allowing the feeling of having no control to take over me.
 
I imagine with all that has taken place this year, a lot of people may feel like things are out of control or beyond their control. I'm big sis and auntie, so at the beginning of the Covid-19 outbreak I was busy making sure my family and closet of friends were good. And then with all the racial tension all over the world, it was imperative for me to check in on my babies {nieces and nephews} and my other babies, my younger brothers and some of my other family and dear friends to see how they were doing and handling things emotionally and otherwise.
 
I was very fortunate to not be effected my Covid job wise, praise God and so far so good in regards to health. And although the racial tensions shook me, it was a place my spirit and I had been before. It was a bit different this time around with a greater collective outcry from what I had experienced before and it also felt like there was more hate this time around. The energy and actions were a lot to say the least.
 
With all of these things taking place and kicking into wanting to take care of everyone mode, plus fight for justice and with heartbreaks for all of the families fighting for justice for their loved ones, things feeling out of control perhaps is natural. And although Covid did not impact me right away, it did mean I would not have the opportunity to travel for my freelance work which typically takes place between the April and September, sometimes October months. My freelance work allows me to do ALL of the things I love so much. I get to take time away from my "regular" job, travel to some of my favorite cities, write, photograph events and celebrities, interview celebrities, drink, get my eat on, soak up sun on the beach, attend premiers, enjoy music festivals, enjoy films and movie premiers, get out of my work uniform, get into my bikini {like practically live in it} take my hair out of bun, wear my fro more, oh my goodness, the list goes on. And missing all of those things, plus feeling a little guilty about missing those things when I know others are experiencing worse, kind of left me feeling like things were a little out of my control.
 
Last week as I focused on my Summer of Self Love activities, during one of my prayers and meditations sessions it came to me to write down all of the things I do have control over. They seemed small, but very impactful. I listed that I have control over what time I get to wake up, which has been such a special treat. I have control over when I go to lunch which at my job I did not, so that was another special treat. I have the lovely control and now the time to focus without concerns of time on my prayer, meditation, yoga and exercise. I have control over what I eat. I have control over what time I go to bed as I don't have to get up early to catch the train to work. My list quickly became so long and I felt so happy and thankful about all of the things that I do have control over. It still kind of surprised me to have the feeling of not being in control. I can't recall a time in my life where I've felt that way. I guess what they say is true, that change is tough. And we've had to do a lot of adjusting to our norms this year.  
 
After I finished my list, it made me so thankful for the time I get to spend doing so much of the things I enjoy and have control over. Things that I would typically have to make time for, I now HAVE TIME FOR. I now have a greater appreciation for the things on my list and it's hard to explain but I look forward to doing them now more than ever.

Comments

Popular Posts