Let's Talk About Love {Big Smile}

{Photo Nashville, TN 2015 Kanen Photography}
 
Alright ya'll, let's talk about love. When it comes to my favorite four letter word, it's sometimes hard for me to share ALL that I feel when I think about love. I think about the unconditional love of God. I think about falling in love and being in love and all those awesome feelings you get from romantic love that is just everything. I think about all the love I have in my heart for my little brothers and how to express that love to them. They are my world and if it didn't seem so odd in today's time, I would probably call them every single day just to tell them I love them. There's the love I have for my mom who is my everything. We have this energy connection where we can fill when something is wrong with one or the other. I've had this with two of my brothers too. And with my mom, she has this energy thing where she could tell who I had hung out with as a young adult based upon the energy I would bring home. I didn't understand that as young lady the way that I do now and did during my time as a massage therapist. Then there's the love we have for strangers of the world and how we hurt and mourn for strangers. There's the love..... oh my goodness, I could go on forever with this.
 
During my self proclaimed Summer of Self Love I started it with the intension of vibrating higher and tuning deeper into my soul by grounding myself via my yoga practice, meditation and prayers. I also sought to spend less time with others to keep my energies as clear as I possibly could. And with the vibrating higher intent, I also decided that I wanted to leave myself open. You know like no end result other than just to be a better person and to strengthen my inner soul and self to where I could stand more firmly in the midst of, what's a good word, in the midst of adversity and energies of hate and opinions of hate and desires to prove points and blah, blah, blah.
 
I do know that since I started my Summer of Self Love which has included my tuning in deeper into the foods I consume, I've been sleeping better. I believe turning off social media notifications on my phone, changing my landing page on my laptop and using social media for my blog only has helped A LOT in regards to my staying focused on goals for myself, my activism and definitely for my way to show myself more love.
 
This week is week 3 of my Summer of Self Love and what came up during some of my prayers and meditations was how do I want to be loved romantically and what kind of love I am willing to give. Uhm, I wasn't really ready to consider that. Although I'm in a relationship, it has been simple which is good for me right now in regards to us just enjoying each other's company. Did this thing about romantic love come up because God has something in store for me that I don't know about yet? Hmmmm? Perhaps. Since my divorce three years ago I haven't stopped to think about how I want to be loved and how I'm willing to love romantically the next time around. I do know it has to look different than my marriage that I went into in my late 20's with a different mindset that I have now. So when it came up I was like, "Oh, ok Lord, uhm, I'm not sure what you have in store, but ok, I can explore this." LOL
 
So yes, feel free to stay tuned. I'm staying tuned in my darn self because I really did not consider anything other than working completely on me, but then again I do say I'm a hopeful romantic and perhaps it is time to start thinking about what I want my next relationship to look like and feel like. And what I wish to receive as well as give. So yeah, here I go Lord, having talks about romantic love until I'm nudged to move forward to the next chapter of my Summer of Self Love exploration.

Comments

Popular Posts