Cause Baby You're A Star

During my Summer of Self Love I've been looking at various ways to care for and love myself more. I've mainly focused on returning to my yoga practice with the intent of  vibrating higher and focusing on creating a more just world. One of the items I bought for my Summer of Self Love and to add to my yoga practice is Michelle C. Johnson's book Skill in Action.

Also on the Summer of Self Love menu is what I feed myself, mind body and soul, and also doing what I do best, which is being my silly ole loving self, lol. Anyone who knows me know I have both my granny and my grandma's wit. Oh my gosh, the tears are coming because I think of my grandma, my dad's mom, and it has always been told to me that she thought that I and one of my cousin's hung the moon and the stars. She treated us as such and that is just an amazing feeling to know someone thought of and loved you that much. Whew, yeah. There's been a lot of tears coming with grounding myself, praying, meditating and doing my yoga. It's like spending time with God and my ancestors. The same grandma shared that opinions are like assholes and the same thing come from both, shit, LOL. That always makes me laugh. I don't share that kind of my wit often, but when I do, I crack myself up and I think of grandma.

And then there's granny who I'm so blessed to still have. We talk once or twice a week. We'd talk more, but even at 90, my granny keeps a busy schedule. I am not mad at her. My granny is so funny. I think she probably tells jokes and laughs in her sleep. When she has a serious question, she'll start it with, "Now Meco, let me ask you this."

I bought a pair of star earrings that I know I will wear a lot this summer. They make me smile and think my grandma and granny, two of the stars in my life. They are such amazing women. The earrings are a beautifully handmade piece of art created by a jewelry designer named Erica out of Texas. Erica's company's brazedbrand can be found on Etsy. I wish I could gift a pair to my granny however she can no longer wear earrings, buuuuut my baby will rock a ring on her favorite pinky finger with its super long nail. So I'll have to buy matching rings for me, my granny and my other super star and queen, my mom.

Comments

Popular Posts