11 Beautiful Songs That Makes Me Think of Flowers and Love

Who Loves Flowers? Who just Loves Love? With the biggest smile on my face, I raised my hands to both. I've self proclaimed myself a Hopeful Romantic. I often joke that when it comes to matters of the heart, I'm a Geronimo, jump all in type of woman no matter how many times my head has been busted to the white meat, LOL. That's my sick sense of humor.

It hurts like hell sometimes, you know, the heart break. But what are you going to do? You deal, you heal and you love again.

Sense my divorce three years ago, I've had my heart broken twice. In 2018, oh sweet baby Jesus. It felt like my very first heartbreak which wasn't until my mid twenty's. I was a later bloomer and didn't start dating until around 19. I did have about three boyfriends between my junior high and high school years, but they didn't feel major. I was more focused on school, grades, scholarships for college and getting to science fairs. Prior to that I did have a little crush in kindergarten. And how about his first name was Love. Ahhhh.

But even with my two recent heartbreaks, I've had some great experiences that has made my hopeful romantic heart sing. Sweetly they all involved flowers and music, which did not exactly equal love, but some of the experiences felt a little close to it.

With one guy, for my birthday, he drove 4 hours to take me out and celebrate with me. He showed up with the most beautiful bouquet of flowers and on our way to the restaurant he went ole school with  a playlist of some of my favorite songs. I thought the time to do that was so sweet.

Another guy that I went on a date with, called me in the middle of a work emergency. After I was able to get back to him and shared what had taken place, shortly afterwards he showed up with flowers and a lovely card expressing that he was glad I was ok. That was just so nice.

I'm always listening to and I absolutely love music so I recall the songs that played around the time he came to see me. It's crazy how the brain works and how we remember sounds and scents and all. Praise God for those senses.

As I was thinking about my cajon which I've named Lovie and how long it has been since I have played her, I just started to think about what songs I would like to play. And this theme around songs that makes me think of flowers and love came to mind. One is kind of surprising because it's not the softest song, but it was playing when my friend brought flowers to me at work.

Here are the 11 beautiful songs that makes me think of flowers and love.

1. Lady In My Life - Michael Jackson
2. No Ordinary Love - Sade
3. You Give Good Love - Whitney Houston
4. If This World Were Mine - Luther Vandross
5. Can We Talk - Tevin Campbell
6. Beauty - Dru Hill
7. The Secret Garden - Quincy Jones and guests
8. Someone to Love - Jon B and Babyface
9. You - Jesse Powell
10. Two Occasions - The Deele
11. Human - Rag'nBone Man

Comments

Popular Posts