4 Powerful TV Show Episodes About Race

{Photo: American Black Film Festival {ABFF} with Anthony Anderson}

This is one of those blog posts that I just don't know where to start. Thinking about everything that is taking place in our country yet again brings tears to my eyes and breaks my heart. And although my family and I together and individually have had some pretty tough experiences around race, I too have taken time to listen to others. I've also talked with friends close to me about ways to continue to effect change. I know I keep sharing yet again, again, again, but again is a sad and very unfortunate truth.

I was up late this past weekend talking with a friend, coming up with our game plan of signing petitions and encouraging our family to join us and also making sure our family members get out to vote. Our conversation went on for hours as we talked about the power of the Black dollar, the school to prison pipeline and SO much more. As our conversation came to a close I decided to relax and watch a little TV. I landed on the Juneteeth episode of Black-ish just as it was coming on. I had seen it before but my boyfriend had never seen it. He was glued in which is not really like him. He is a Law N Order, all the crime shows and news guy. He and I talked a little about the episode and he questioned if a lot of the episodes of Black-ish were so good and on point. I told him that I thought so. I shared with him some of my other favorite Black-ish episodes, telling him how awesome of a job I felt the writers, directors and cast did overall and also when it came to sharing some really tough topics with great and powerful episodes.

I've listed my favorites below along with an episode of Frasier that is probably my favorite Frasier episode EVER. It has me laughing so hard every time I watch it and there's a very touching and beautiful point in the episode that Niles makes to Frasier. It was simple, yet so beautifully shared and in my opinion true.

Here are my 4 of my favorite TV show episodes about race.

Black-ish
Lemons - Season 3 Episode 12
Hope - Season 2 Episode 16
Juneteenth - Season 4 Episode 1
The writer and cast recently did a conversation about the Juneteenth episode. See it here.

Frasier
Something About Dr. Mary - Season 7 Episode 16 (this episode is from 2000, wow)

The above episodes can be viewed via Amazon Prime {subject to change} and can possibly be found on other sources as well.

Hello Beautiful, Loving Souls. I love sharing and telling you more about the products and deals I find and love. If you love them too and decide to purchase through the links on my blog, I may receive a commission. Pricing and availability are subject to change. 
Please see our POLICIES page regarding suggested events.






Comments

Popular Posts