3 Easy, Fun and Colorful Ways To Decorate Your Home Office

I'm so excited to decorate my home office. Before the pandemic unfortunately took place, I had cut my hours at work down to three days as I had more freelance work and virtual work coming. It was all so excited, the thought of working from home more. I got a cute little desk from Wal-Mart and the chair was an item I already had. I received my desk February 28 and my Honey Bunny had it up the next day that I got home from work. I love when I don't have to ask, LOL.

Shortly thereafter I started to loose some of my assignments. Ouch. From what I recall, about 2 weeks into March, I started to get notices that upcoming freelance work was also being cancelled due to postponed festivals and other events that I typically cover. It was all definitely understandable. With so many things being uncertain, I decided I'd better hold on to the moonla I had planned to spend to decorate my #WFH office space. My home office space has stayed pretty blah.
 I've got my Starbucks thermal mug, my earphones {I've gotta have my music}, my ole school calendar and I recently added a vase with some artificial flowers and a box of tissues because hey, it's allergy season, which side note, I typically don't have any problems with, but being in a new area, I just started my local honey. I should have started in Winter.

So back to my #WFH space. I've decided to find some fun ways to decorate. In the first photo are some canvases that I purchased last year and some left over decorative gift bag tissues. I decided it'll be fun and also occupy a decent amount of time to create some art for the wall in front and behind me. Right now I'm thinking I may just wrap the canvases with the decorative tissue. This way I can later use the canvas as I originally attended, for a paint project. Plus I plan to purchase some wall art later.

I'm super frugal, but I am going to allow for a few things that I'll purchase soon. I'm considering a cute throw rug and also a decorative pillow to soften up my black chair.

And I'm also wanting a throw blanket to wrap up in.

3 Easy, Fun and Colorful Ways To Decorate Your Home Office
Easy - Work with items you already have.
Fun - Enjoy an easy and fun DIY project. My fun DIY project is wrapping canvases with cute and colorful gift tissue I found in my cards and gift box.
Colorful - Choose an array of colors you like if that's your thing.


To stay in the swing of things and to create habits I think will be beneficial for me, I get dressed for the 3 to 4 hours I work on my few virtual gigs, but honestly they're aren't many of them right now, so I'll get dressed to work on my blog just to keep the habit up. This works for me because I have such a care free spirit. I know if I don't do things out of habit, I can so very easily get super comfortable and loose motivation and procrastinate. Buuuuut, when those 3 or so hours are up, oh yes, I'm in my t-shirt and sweats and love wrapping up in a blanket. Here lately it's been a towel warmed up in the dryer that I wrap up in from time to time. Any work with the blog or any other work after my 4 hours, is done in total boho babe mode. I haven't decided yet, but I may buy a few comfy pieces that I can wear even during my four hours. But I want it to be something I would also wear if I were meeting a client, actually going out to work or going out to a business class. I've just never bought those kinds of clothes for my outside work before. But I think it could work {big smile.}







Hello Beautiful, Loving Souls. I love sharing and telling you more about the products and deals I find and love. If you love them too and decide to purchase through the links on my blog, I may receive a commission. Pricing and availability are subject to change. 



Comments

Popular Posts