The 423 Has All The Art You'll Love


So I'm not saying this just because I'm a Chattanooga native, but seriously, a visit to Chattanooga will give you a great fix of so much beautiful art that you're sure to love. There's so much art throughout Chattanooga that it would possibly require a return visit to enjoy it all.

Although I'm a native I LOVE to art stroll and explore home like I'm a tourist. For me that means I'm straight chilling and taking public transit, Uber or walking.

I think to view some of Chattanooga's awesome art murals, a great tour to take would be via foot and bus in the downtown area. And along the suggested mural walk are so many great places to stop to enjoy food and drinks.

START HERE
This photo of The Feed co. Table Tavern is courtesy of Tripadvisor

I would suggest starting at FEED Table and Tavern, address 201 W Main St, Chattanooga, TN 37402. Walking toward Broad street, just one block over from FEED on the Cowart Street and Main Street Street side and you'll find about three murals by the artist SEVEN.

Walk back up toward Market Street and cross the street over to the brewery Market South on 1502 Main Street and you'll find a version of one of my all time favorite murals, Kelsey Montague's #WhatLiftsYou wings mural. Oh my gosh, I think I've photographed the one in Nashville a thousand times, LOL.

From Kelsey's mural, I would walk up to Market Street, cross over and walk down to Main Street Meats where you'll find yet another mural by the artist Seven. Across the street is State of Confusion which is one of my favorite places to grab a margarita and sit inside one of their super cool igloo pods.
Not quiet ready for a drink, head back toward Market Street, but take a right at Rossville Avenue and then a left onto Station Street (you'll pass another great mural on the right) and you'll find a beautiful cobblestone road to the historic Chattanooga Choo Choo. Over to the right is another favorite mural of mine. It's artist Renda Writer's John Lennon Tribute mural. Just a few steps up is my all time favorite spot in Chattanooga right now, STIR. It's a great stop for everything, the best oysters, drinks and more.

So let's just say you stop at STIR {wink, wink}, heading out of STIR I would suggest taking a right down to the MOXY {1220 King St, Chattanooga, TN 37403} where you can buy their signature drink that is given to guests when they check in and enjoy more great art and you guessed it, by the artist Seven
And one of my favorite things to do is to catch the electric bus outside of the Moxy hotel down to Miller Plaza and walk down historic M.L.King Blvd where you can experience more art, places to eat, the Bessie Smith Cultural Center and more.
There's also utility boxes throughout the city covered with art by local artists. And I love the art collection by local artists at The Edwin Hotel. And you don't have to be a guest at the hotel to enjoy the art. There are restaurants to enjoy which includes one of my personal favs, Whiskey Thief.
Just a short walk away from Whisky Thief is Chattanooga's Hunter Museum. And there's more art to enjoy via walking across the bridge to the Northshore area where there's the AVA gallery and public art installations.
Chattanooga is a scenic city with so much natural art and art by artists to indulge your art loving senses.

View Policies Here

Update 11/20/20 - The Burnin Bridges Chattanooga Murals Change Yearly. Click on the links below to see some of this year's mural installations. 

Comments

Popular Posts