A Poem For A Remarkable Woman That I Love

She feels like home
Like I better not act too grown
Even though I'm damn near 50

She feels like excuse my French
Ahhh man, am I in trouble
Do I have to go get my own switch? LOL

She feels like all the love in the universe
All of its comforts and care
Like an exhale
when life gets tough
Like a, take a deep breath
everything will be alright baby
She feels like fresh, country air

She feels like butter beans and black eyed peas
Like every day, lucky greens

She feels like fried chicken
in a cast iron skillet
and sweet corn bread too

She feels like a sparkling lemon, lime Sprite
Like orange, lime, raspberry sherbet
She is life

She feels like the right to vote and
like Dr. King's dreams
She is a survivor who has been through so much
She is our everything

She feels like hope and joy and
never giving up
She feels like 90 years of wisdom
Man, that's what's up

She feels like a two time cancer survivor
With nothing short about her
as she says, nothing but her hair
She feels like the presence of God
and unconditional love that will always
ALWAYS be there

I could go on forever
about this amazing woman who is
so brilliant, so witty and so clever
Our Light
Our Queen

She feels like you can make something out of nothing
And yes honey
she has and can do just that
We tease her about being the gangsta granny
who always has our back

I just want to celebrate this beautiful,
amazing woman I so gratefully have the honor to call granny
On her very special day
Happy 90th birthday
we love you so much and thank you for showing us
That love is the only way

Happy Birthday Granny

Poem By: Ty SwintFriday, January 31, 2020,  5:15 p.m. MDT

Comments

Popular Posts