Splash Youth Arts Workshop

"I believe they can do anything and they can. I only hope that they will grow up in a city that has evolved enough to change old established systems of judgment to open minded vision in order to create a more equitable society in which under served youth can thrive in the arts." ~Charlie Newton

In October 2017 I stopped by the AVA gallery to share with its chief curator, Kreneshia Whiteside, how much I had enjoyed their Leading Ladies event the night before.

{With AVA's Chief Curator Kreneshia Whiteside }

{Poet @velvetpoetry performing at AVA's Leading Ladies, October 2017}

During my visit I had the wonderful opportunity to meet Mr. Charlie Newton, a great artist and other art leaders in the Chattanooga community. It was an honor to hear Mr. Newton share his struggle to receive his education in the arts and to talk with the group about inclusiveness, having a seat at the table, the Ed Johnson project and more. Mr. Newton's passion about the arts, diversity and inclusiveness in the arts, and also his love for his community left a lasting impression on my heart.

{Mr. Charlie Newton with one of his many beautiful art pieces}

I'm so excited to continue to learn more about the Splash Youth Arts Workshop, to volunteer and share more information about this wonderful program. I am also excited to reach our #YouAreLoved t-shirt's fundraiser goal of 200 t-shirts sold, as 10% of our profits will be donated to the Splash Youth Arts Workshop along with an additional $100 from Custom Ink for meeting our 200 t-shirts sold goal.

We can not do this without you. Be sure to get your #YouAreLoved t-shirt today.
https://www.customink.com/fundraising/you_are_loved






Comments

Popular Posts