Golden {Year Of No Fear - Month 11 and Month 12 - June/July}

https://www.instagram.com/p/BlT4X_AAEzI/
{Click Photo To Hear Me Having Fun With Golden}
 
I chose Golden as the title for this #YearofNoFear post because when I think Golden, I think of Jill Scott's song that starts, "I'm taking my freedom." Jill goes on to share what she's going to do with her freedom.
When I looked back over my gratitude journal during my 6 month tune up back in June, what I noticed was a reoccurring word, FREEDOM. Jill took her freedom off the shelf, she wore it around her neck, she put it in her car, knowing it would take her far.

I love the lyrics to Golden so much. A big "you go songwriters" to the awesome team of songwriters (Matt Nolen, Tommy Lee James and Emily Marie Shackelton.) I love it. And another big, "you go Jill" for delivering it like only she could. Fourteen years later and the lyrics just stay with you, sharing with you the many things you can do with your freedom.
As I set at my kitchen counter all Carrie Bradshaw like clicking away on my laptop on a Saturday night, pulling up Jilly Jill's Golden, it continued to be clear that it is up to me to be free. This #YearOfNoFear journey started because I Googled myself and realized that the singer songwriter journey that I claimed to be on was not happening at all. The Love Channel with Ty set out to be about my journey as an aspiring singer and songwriter, yet Google did not contain, after 3 years, not one single video or photo of me doing either. I had to think about this, but not for long, it was simple, "Ty you've got to sing and share what you've written." I don't and didn't know what to call it, that crazy and crippling fear of singing. So even though I did not go out and perform right away, which truly was the goal, I did start to sing more and post myself singing to Instagram and Facebook more. While I was getting used to the sound of my singing voice, who was I kidding, I was still stalling with fear. The first #YearofNoFear post went live on August 6, 2017 and I didn't do my first live performance until 7 months later in February 2018. Oh-my-God. Seven-MONTHS-LATER. That is a long time. But you know, no use dwelling on the past. I'm now taking my freedom and not dwelling on the past. Though I've gotta get out there and kick some ass, LOL. Ok, I had to rhyme and well, yep, I do have to get out there and sing. I'm taking my freedom and simply being free. Free to be all of me without apology. Free to bang on my cajon. Free to sing. Free to choose who I work with which is HUGE for me. It has always been important, however now it is just imperative for me to work around great vibes and have an awesome tribe, a nation of like minded people around me. It's hard to explain how important this has become in my life. I've just spent so many years being around people who knowingly or unknowingly were so negative and just ugh, naysayers. It's tough to be around that kind of energy. As one saying shares, "People Who Say It Can Not Be Done Should Not Interrupt Those Who Are Doing It." Or you know, who are even trying.

 It is not only important to live a free and golden life, but it is also important to be around a nation of people who are doing the same. It unfortunately can be so easy for other's energies and sayings and doings to dull your shine. We've got to be golden and shine through all of that dark energy. We've got to burn and shine so freaking bright. I'm taking my freedom and wrapping up this #YearofNoFear journey. It was definitely an awesome exercise and I'm so glad I did it. However, at the same time, I did perhaps focus a bit too much on the fear factor; what my fears were, how to overcome said fears; fear, fear, fear. I was cheating myself, my journey, my soul. I'm taking my freedom and focusing solely on my goals instead of fear for the rest of the year and throughout this journey. All those things I want to do, I just have to focus on and do them. I have to have laser focus and claim my free and golden life. I'm living my life like it's golden, because well, it is. Life is just such a precious and wonderful gift and we have to exuberate light and live our best lives, living free and living golden. Shine on beautiful, loving souls, shine on.

And I had so much fun playing around with Golden on my cajon. I hope you enjoy it too. Click here to hear it. :)

Comments

  1. I can't agree more that life is just such a precious and wonderful gift and we have to exuberant light and live our best lives, living free, and living golden. Embracing success that gold signifies. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes Nina. And I love "embracing success that gold signifies." :)

      Delete
  2. Life is a wonderful gift. Cherish it. That's why I say live life your type. And yes we have to exuberant light and live our best lives, living free,

    ReplyDelete
  3. When you found where you are happy doing things you want, stay focus on it and it will definitely pave a way. Keep aiming high!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always follow - Live the Life you Love. I also agree that "It is not only important to live a free and golden live, but it is also important to be around a nation of people who are doing the same." This is so so important to choose the right people you spend your time with because that does affect the quality of your life.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! I am in LOVE with this post! And what is this event? I'm really digging this whole vibe you have going on lady! What an inspirational post, I'd love to get a chance to interview you

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is great you have found happiness doing the things you enjoy the most. It is important to find a happy life I feel.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's important to be happy in whatever we do. I loved your post thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm glad that you made a commitment and have been able to stick to it. Not having fear and pursuing your dreams is a great thing. So good!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts