#YearofNOFear - Month #6 - Happy New Year Year in Review

Well, here we are again beautiful loving souls, at the end of another year, welcoming a new one, much like each new day, but filled with dreams and lists of what we're going to accomplish over the next 365 1/4 days we're given for the new yaer. This is the first time that the new year offers the aforementioned hope and dreams along with continuing a journey that started 6 months ago. Well, actually longer, but six months ago, August 7, 2017 to be exact, after what I found from Googling myself, I decided to offer myself a #YearOfNOFear Challenge. Since August I have taken extra time at the end of each month to consider what I could do to make it a step, leap closer to my dreams. I jotted down in my journal some personal thoughts, feelings, accomplishments and lessons learned and then wrote blog posts sharing my accomplishments and lessons learned along with goals for the upcoming month. Although I haven't attained the biggest goal on my list {oh my goodness, I've got to get it done} the monthly review has been very helpful in propelling me forward with other goals and in being mindful of the things I have to do if I truly wish to succeed in becoming the creativepreneur I desire to become, doing all the things that bring me so much joy and making a great living from those things.
As I looked over my vision board for 2017, I have to say, I feel pretty darned accomplished. A lot of the things I set out to do were realized. And what I'm most proud of is my strength and my faith. The beginning of 2017 started with my car breaking down {it had done so as well when I first moved to Nashville during the summer of 2016} and me having it repaired only for it to break down the very same day I picked it up from being repaired and after getting on to the interstate. I cried, I just broke down crying right there while waiting for AAA. Well, that car was a goner, an older model car whose expenses would cost me more than the car was worth. Long story short, my friend loaned me a car and the same thing happened. Not the exact same issue, but the story was the same. Repairs would cost more than the car's worth. I had just started a new job in January and simply learned to catch the bus to work as Uber and that type of transportation would be too costly. I was staying with family, later with friends and needed to save every penny to get my own place which, missioned accomplished and praise God, I just moved into my new place about 2 weeks ago. I 'm such a happy girl. And get this, it's walking distance to work. Yes!!! So back to the cars breaking down. My best friend, oh my God, was a gem. He would drive some 30 to 45 minutes to come pick me up after having already gone home from his job. I would sleep on his couch and wake up super early with him, spending my time between about 7 a.m. to 2 p.m. working on the blog at coffee houses, reading my delicious book, going to museums, taking photos and working out. As Tim Gunn say, "make it work" and make it work I did.
So that's just a little part of my year in review. I won't bore you with details of getting used to sleeping alone again after my divorce, well really back in the summer of 2016, nor my little bit of a romantic life. They may be stories to share for another time, perhaps. But in the midst of it all, there were SO many awesome things that took place. Oh my God, so much yummy goodness.
https://www.instagram.com/p/BaT_haulW8s/?taken-by=tyswint_thelovechannel
I love the creativity that took place this year. Even with so much change, there were many moments that forced me to be still and in the moment and so much creativity took place in those moments. At this time, I can not think of a year where I wrote so many poems and songs. I did a lot of the things I love like creative directing photo shoots for the blog and working with photographers whose work I greatly admire to doing some photo shoots of my own.
From time spent with my best friend in his weekend penthouse retreat to rooftop music events in the beautiful scenic city Chattanooga, to covering music events like Bonnaroo, covering the ABFF Black Film Festival in Miami, meeting Wonder Woman {where I learned about my new love, my cajon},taking a pilgrimage to New Orleans where I took myself on my first date after my divorce and so much more, 2017 was definitely a year for the books. So much growth and learning and fixing of my crown took place. The year ending with a new crown and my cajon and my new place simply feels so good. I truly can not think of a better way to end the year. I am thankful for it all, learning from my weaknesses, growing from them and also growing within my strengths, standing firm in my faith and for all of the wonderful people who God has allowed into my life who helped me so much this year. 2017, I thank you greatly and I bid you adieu. You have served me well.
Now for the 6th month of my #YearOfNOFear challenge. Last month's goal's were:
1. Do an open mic night where I sing one original song and a cover song. 
2. Look for new spot to do Love Mural and contact the owner of the space. 
3. Reach out to the beautiful ladies I want to be a part of the Beautiful project.
4. Join AVA - Association For Visual Arts.
5. Set goals for the first quarter of the year. 
6. Set up the blog's editorial calendar for 2018.
7. Apply to sing at Riverbend. 
8. Confirm date and send out invitations for blogger's meet up. 

I accomplished 4 out of 8 goals. Not too bad, not too good. I know I can not be in the same place this time next year, having not done a single open mic or any concerts. While I found a possible new spot for the Love Mural, I did not find the owner of the building. I have to be honest with myself and realize I may not have the time this year to do the mural project. It's a project I don't want to let go of, however, I want to be realistic about my time and what I can accomplish with the time I have. Oh, I so don't want to let this project go, but I may have to.

I have reached out to most of the ladies I would love to be apart of the Beautiful Project, but not all. That task I will surely complete by the end of January. I will join AVA for sure in January. And goals 5 - 8 were all accomplished. Yea!!! Now to January's #YearOfNOFear goals.  I'm not setting many this month as I want to focus on creating routines and habits to propel me forward with many of this year's goals. I'm mainly giving my attention to making sure I stay on track with eating healthy, exercising, maintaining my weekly bath ritual and journaling how I spend my time this month so I can adjust things accordingly so that I'm using my time more wisely and being more productive this year.

January's Goals:
1. Do an open mic night where I sing one original song and a cover song. 
2. Join AVA - Association For Visual Arts.
3. Reach out to the beautiful ladies I want to be a part of the Beautiful Project.

Happy New Year 🙂











Comments

Popular Posts