#YearofNoFear - Month #5 - December


I'm still trying to figure out how November got by me so quickly. Well, I'm back on track now and making time to sit down at the beginning of each month to review goals from the month before and set up my #YearOfNoFear goals for the upcoming month. With it being the last month of the year {Welcome December} it's tough to not also reflect on the upcoming year as a whole, plus look back at what I did well and not so well.

The two words that keep coming to mind as I reflect over this year and what I can do better for next year are "intent" and "purpose." I never thought that the blessing of doing what I love could also be somewhat of a curse. Why? Well, I love what I do so much, I could do it for free and I have been doing it for free. There has been the occasional pay, however I find myself burning the candle at both ends of the stick because I'm working a full time job which is 40 to 50 hours per week and my remaining hours are spent doing what I love; singing, songwriting, blog writing, photography, modeling and all of my art endeavors. I can easily spend every other waking hour doing these things. But oh my God, to do what I love and make paychecks from my passions, that would be such a blessing. I'm looking forward to that day, the days when I no longer look at Monday, like "oh my goodness, are you here already?" and crawling through Wednesday like I'm in a dessert, thirsty for water and Friday appearing as a mirage that I'm clawing my way to, still dehydrated, reaching for it, but feeling like it will never come. LOL. :)

So what do I want to fearlessly do this month to get myself out of the desert and into a reality where I make my passions my paycheck? 

1. Do an open mic night where I sing one original song and a cover song. 
2. Look for new spot to do Love Mural and contact the owner of the space. 
3. Reach out to the beautiful ladies I want to be a part of the Beautiful project.
4. Join AVA - Association For Visual Arts.
5. Set goals for the first quarter of the year. 
6. Set up the blog's editorial calendar for 2018.
7. Apply to sing at Riverbend. 
8. Confirm date and send out invitations for blogger's meet up. 

Comments

Popular Posts