The Loveless Cafe


I finally made it to The Loveless Café and oh my, it definitely lived up to the hype. I have been hearing about The Loveless Café for some time now. And I had one guest where I work bring me some biscuits from their visit, insisting they were the best and that I just had to try them along with the homemade jam/preserves that they also shared with me. They were good. They were definitely good. Well about a year after having a little taste of The Loveless Café, I finally made it to enjoy the entire experience.

The day started with a need to get out and commune a little bit with nature after having such a tough week at work. So my friend and I visited the Natchez Trace Trail, me capturing a little bit of God's beauty and the Natchez Bridge. Afterwards we headed back to our hotel room, hungry and deciding we should at least stop by to check out The Loveless Café menu. Well we stayed and could have stayed even longer.

The staff was so warm and inviting. Our server Barbara was just the sweetest, taking care of us in that good ole fashion southern hospitality way, like family really. My friend and I shared a half a chicken plate which was more than enough. It came with two sides and we ordered three additional sides to get a taste of some of our favorites. The hit of the our meal were the greens that needed absolutely nothing added. There was the perfect blend of ham, brown sugar, vinegar, spice ala red pepper flakes and other seasonings. The manager brought us out a complementary bowl of creamed corn sharing that it was a fan favorite. It was so, so good as was our pinto beans, green beans and mac n cheese. We also shared the cheese grits which were ok. Another deciding choice was I wanted a cocktail with dinner and was excited to learn that The Loveless Café offered some yummy looking choices. I went for the Strawberry Sipper, a strawberry rye whiskey served with lemonade. Another delightful surprise that I did not know about was that The Loveless Café offers live music performances. All of that southern hospitality, with good ole southern cookin, cocktails and then add live music; I will surely be back for more.

Comments

  1. Thanks for sharing your info. I really appreciate your efforts and I will be waiting for your further write ups thanks once again.
    Cello sipper bottles online

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts