Our Fashion Stories

https://shop.nordstrom.com/s/mimi-chica-lace-up-leggings/4784550?cm_mmc=Linkshare-_-partner-_-10-_-1&siteId=J84DHJLQkR4-aw6Xk1yzQWtnamMYOTwyZQ
It's almost a New Year. How exciting!!! Another year, like each new day, gives us the chance to keep on trying, to keep on plugging alone toward our every heart's desires, those things that makes us happy and sets our souls on fire.
I have to first give a BIG ole southern hug to each of you. I thank you so much for following my lil journey here on cyber space. Your support, love and words of encouragement have meant and continue to mean so much to me. As the years have progressed, I have shared bits more on how I've come to this place on my journey; starting over via learning to love myself again, striving to make my dreams of a singer and overall creativepreneur come true and how through learning to love myself again, I have also come to love fashion again. I'm not sure if you guys saw this post on Instagram, it didn't get a lot of likes as I posted it with a real, real photo of a time where I had absolutely no style or desire to be who I felt I was or was placed on earth to be. Ya'll, I was simply existing and that is so not me. I come from a vibrant family, a grandma who will turn 88 next month and is still the life of the party. I was once a little sassafrass yet due to my awesome mom, held a balance of not being too sassy, always loving and caring, and knowing there was a time and place for everything. I lost my balance along the way, not between the sassy and the not so sassy me, LOL, but the balance between loving myself and also loving another. I share a lot more than I did in the beginning of The Love Channel with Ty Swint and when placed on my heart I will surely share more {which will probably come out in my songs}, but I can tell you this today, fashion and style have been a reflection of how I feel inside and it feel so good to pick out clothes that I love, that are me and to pick out clothes without second guessing myself. I now LOVE to shop.
Now anyone who knows me, know that I'm pretty thrifty and that I get most of my clothes from thrift stores and the Goodwill. Well, one of my gifts to myself this year is shopping the Nordstrom's Half -Yearly Sale. When winter arrived last week and I realized I didn't have any tights, I had to head on over to Nordstrom to buy a pair. I absolutely love these lace up tights. They have a boho rocker feel to me and since the lace doesn't go all the way up, when I wear thigh high boots it's like I have a 2nd pair of tights for the price of one. That's my thrifty mind at work. My lace up tights were under $50 and that's pretty much what I'm shopping, gifts for moi all under $50 to take me into the new year with style.
See the under $50 items I'm loving here and below my dream list. I might treat myself to JUST 1 item from my dream list. 🙂 Happy Shopping and Happy New Year.

         

       

Comments

Popular Posts