#YearofNoFear - Month #4 - November

Yikes!!! And yikes again. Where did November go so fast and this week, December will begin. I can't believe I'm just now looking over my October #YearOfNoFear goals tonight. For goodness sakes, it's November 26. I'm looking back at October like, "Dang, where did you go? What did I do?" I'm also looking back over the year with pretty much the same sentiments. Well, the where did you go part. I know what I did. A lot and then at the same time, not enough. As I type 2017 is flashing before me in my mind, but I'm going to focus on just October for now and recap 2017 next month. Why? It'll just be cool to see how far I've come in both my personal life and career, give thanks for all that did and did not happen {sometimes things DON'T happen for a reason} and mainly to visit what I can do better in the upcoming year in efforts to creating the life I want, love and in the most humble of thoughts, in efforts to create the life I deserve. We all deserve the best.

So looking over October. Out of seven goals I accomplished four. Not too bad {taking a bow with a smile.} Month of 3 of #YearOfNoFear included 7 goals out of which I accomplished 2, 3, 4 and 7.

Goal number 2 involved applying for an arts grant to do a mural project which although I didn't get the grant, I'm still pushing forward to find other ways to see the project brought to life. I can't lie, I was little bombed that I did not at least get to move forward to the next step in the grant process, but I'm very proud of myself for truly trying. For starters I met with the director over the particular arts grant initiative I was applying for to review my letter of intent from last year to learn what I could do better and to better my chances for this year. I also met with the artist whose work I love and wanted to employ to do my mural project. It was a pleasure meeting with fellow art lovers to discuss the mural project and as it involves encouraging and inspiring love, I'm determined to find a way to bring it all to life.

Goal number 3 involved reaching out to some beautiful souls that I've had the pleasure of meeting, knowing and having in my life for another very special project that was placed on my heart last year. Currently titled The Beautiful Project, my dear and beautiful friends have shared what makes them beautiful. I've cried while viewing every single video. Currently I'm working on a preliminary video to introduce the project at upcoming events that will share the song I've written for the project, the song's lyrics, the video itself and opportunities for people to get excited about the project that is slated to go live on Mother's Day, Sunday, May 13, 2018. The first event I will attend to share information on the upcoming project will take place this coming Saturday, December 2. I'm so excited and will definitely share more on Instagram and Facebook.

Goal number 4 involved nailing down some inexpensive places where I can work on my art. I spent a good half an hour at Plaza Arts in Nashville getting some details on the supplies best for my particular art project, just a 3rd project for next year. I'm basically doing one major project each quarter. But I located  2 spots in both Nashville and Chattanooga where I can work on my art and may try to locate a spot of two in Atlanta as well as I'm in that city often.

Goal number 7 included contacting a music producer that I had work with before to do a track for the song for The Beautiful Project. He unfortunately was not available nor was another producer I contacted, however the show must go on. I've been pretty blessed and lucky in finding just the right producer for songs and finding them right on time.

So since it's almost December I'm not going to write out goals for November. I will share my progress this November. One goal was to find opportunities to start promoting The Beautiful Project. I reached out to Make Music Chattanooga about being apart of their Music Merch Mall for Mainx24 and that's the first event that I will participate in to share The Beautiful Project. I also had the goal in mind of talking with a Nashville creative director whose art I admire about one of the next year's projects. We didn't get to meet for a very long time, but our phone conversation gave me some great insight into what could all possibly come from the project and how the art project could also touch the lives of others. Leaving me to make it the one project I work on throughout the year, doing a test run on and making it the project of 2018.

So steady down the road I go, excited to do and share more. I would love for you to stay tuned and join me next Sunday, December 3 when I'll will share my #YearOfNoFear goals for December.


Comments

Popular Posts