#YearofNoFear - Month #3 - October

There's this wonderful, awesome feeling to simply being yourself. This journey to self has been a really great, splendid one. I've come to accept fully all that I am and all that I can be. Things and dreams that once seemed out of reach are drawing closer to me. I smile so big as I type that because it feels so good, so liberating.

There are so many songs that I've written that shares more insight to what I'm talking about above. Since my divorce back in February, before then really, I've been working hard to get some things together so I can better share my creative endeavors. Even coming up with ways to share my art has been such a lovely experience. Frustrating at times, yes, just a little bit, especially when it comes to money, but as my granny often shares, there's no since in complaining because it doesn't solve a thing. And what I share with myself more now than ever is to make a way, not excuses. I have been doing just that. In the midst of creating and doing many of the things that I absolutely love, I have been searching out opportunities to share my loves, sale my loves and as the saying goes, working to make my passions my paycheck. :) I've been working multiple jobs, applying for arts grants, reaching out to people that I want to work with and so much more. So just where am I during month 3 of #YearofNoFear? Out of seven goals last month, I accomplished four. Not too bad. But honestly I would have loved to have knocked number one off my list. I have got to do it. I just have to. :)
But reflecting on the things I did get done during month two of #YearofNoFear, I have requested to cover Britney Spears Toxic, the Yael Naim version of the song and fingers crossed I will have permission any day now and look forward to doing an EP of some of my favorite songs. I'm also excited to talk to the production assistant of the Fearless Reloaded Conference this week. The conference is taking place next month in the city that originally stole my heart, Atlanta. It is going to be such a great conference filled with fearless women who have accomplished great things. I'm willing to bet the energy is going to be great with so much to learn from so many wonderful women. I've started my art installation by way of narrowing done the ideas and concepts, putting onto paper these thoughts and searching for inexpensive places I can use to actually put my thoughts onto canvas, to paint and more. And although is wasn't on the list of things to do, I joined a great creative group in Nashville that shares each others art, conversation and lists opportunities for artists. The coffee lover in me is so excited by the opportunity to share my art once it is completed and to be considered to have my art placed in a local coffee shop for a month. Lastly I've outlined who I want to be a part of the Beautiful project. Just listing the beautiful and amazing women I've met during my life filled me with so much enthusiasm to get this project off the ground and out there. Oh my gosh, I get chills and sometimes cry when I think about the possible impact this project can have on the lives of others. And this list of women again is just amazing. Whew! Goodness. I can not wait to share it with you.
So what's on the list for the third month of #YearofNoFear? Here goes. :)

#YearofNoFear - October 7 - November 3

1. Do an open mic night where I sing 1 to 3 songs and at least 1 original song.
2. Apply for arts grant to have the Love Mural done.
3. Reach out to the beautiful ladies I want to be a part of the Beautiful project.
4. Nail down places where I can work on my art and store art.
5. Join AVA - Association For Visual Arts
6. Complete the lyrics to the song Beautiful
7. Contact producer Curtunes regarding making a track to Beautiful song 




Comments

Popular Posts