Fall Fashion Basics For Traveling Light

I love Fall. It is my absolute favorite time of the year. The changes of the leaves are so wonderful to me. I always make a point of taking a drive somewhere near the mountains, either Lookout Mountain where I grew up, sometimes up to the Smokey Mountains and stopping along the way to take photos of the Fall foliage. And as much as I love Fall and you know me, the self proclaimed hopeful romantic, snuggling up to a honey bunny every chance I get is my favorite way to stay warm, but since that isn't always possible, I have to have clothes with me to keep me warm. And while the cooler months call for heavier clothes to keep us warm, my key to traveling light during Fall is to plan my wardrobe around 1 to 3 basic pieces like one of my favorite dresses, my yellow, cowl neck dress and then pairing it with pieces like this UNIQLO turtleneck and MANGO vent gilet. Plus just for kicks and a little Leo sass, I'm loving these cateye glasses. Another great accessory that I'm currently eyeballing and that I think would be so cute with my cowl neck dress is a cabby hat. I could easily add the turtleneck if it's cooler which would still look nice with the cabby hat or wear my dress as is, sleeveless since the Fall weather during the day can still get up to 80 degrees. And no matter how I wear my favorite Fall dress, my over the knee boots all fits the bill.
Since I like to travel light I would more than likely just take my over the knee boots, buuuuut, if there was a little space left in the my suitcase, I would love to have and carry with me a pair of these ASOS rory lace up boots {and you've gotta see these too.} These boots along with the cabby hat are so reminiscent of the 90's to me. For a different look I may even wear a plaid shirt around my waist and put it on as the day grows cooler. I usually only travel with one pair of shoes that goes with everything and then just my workout tennis shoes, but again if there's a little extra spot. :)

Another way I've learned to travel super dupa light is to consider what I will do during my travels and pack accordingly. And packing is just like my closet, I've learned not to have a lot of stuff in my closet only to end up wearing just a few pieces anyway. I used to have a closet full of clothes, insisting that I needed them all, but would always grab my favorite pieces to wear over and over again. The same thing would happen when I would pack. I would consider what I was going to do on my trip but pack one to three outfits for each event only to grab the same pieces over and over again. Traveling light is awesome to me for so many reasons. Number one the frugal side of me loves that I don't have to pay for baggage fees. And even with grabbing a cart at the airport, I enjoy not having to lug a lot of suitcase and for road trips, not having a lot of luggage to put in and out of the trunk makes life lighter and easier.
Here's what I would pack to go with my cowl neck dress:
Turtleneck
Cat Eye Glasses
Vent Gilet
Over The Knee Boots
Cabby Hat
Faux Leather Tote
Rory Lace Up Boots
Scarf
Obie Belt
Plaid Blazer
         

       

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts