#YearofNoFear - Month #2 - September


The statement I share with myself is, "Make a way, not excuses." August was a pretty tough month however, no excuse, just truth. I had a second car to break down, the first broke down back in March. And during the first month of my Year of No Fear, I chose to sale two cars to a junk car type business. Both cars were bought at auction years ago and had over 235,000 miles on them and the expense to repair them were way more than the value of the cars. So what does this have to do with the Year of No Fear? Well, there was one event I wanted to attend which would have been my first event where I would sing for an open mic. I could not make it. I played with every affordable thought in my mind; Uber, Lyft, cab, friends, you name it, but no price fit my budget and my friends were unavailable last minute. And I know me, I would have walked if the venue had been close enough. So of course this second month, I have got to do an open mic night where I sing {smile} and not just go as a spectator or do a poem. I've done an open mic where I performed an original poem before. The goal is to sing. Sing, Sing, Sing {I'm telling myself.} I'm really looking forward to getting the first open mic under my belt. I think once I do the first one, doing more will become easier and easier. And I've been getting use to the sound of my singing voice by singing more and posting little snippets on Facebook and Instagram.
So what other adventures am I proposing to myself this second month? I've listed them below to hold myself accountable and to refer back to at the end of the second month. As one song shares, "I'm gonna spread my wings. I'm gonna let myself fly. I'm gonna spread my wings and do more than just get by." If I'm honest with myself, I think my fear of, I don't really know what at this point, has kept me from reaching my full potential. At this point in my life I can not even think of the worst that can happen. I definitely don't have a fear of failing. I've become a master of sorts at that, LOL, and I don't even think of the "No's", the non replies, the blank stares, etc. as failures, but rather as things to observe and learn by. My skin has become a lot thicker than the super shy girl and young lady I used to be. However my heart is still soft and filled with so much love for this crazy thing called life and looking forward to each day for the chance to fulfil my every heart's desire. And my soul, well, my soul speaks to me both softly at times and loudly at other times. Sometimes it is restless and will not allow me to sleep until a certain {creative} thing is done. So needless to say, I've got to get to it.
Sometimes I take off my work shoes, party shoes and simply plant my feet firmly on the ground. I feel the earth beneath me, reconnect with the basics and I am reminded that there are no limits, only the ones I set for myself.


#YearofNoFear September 6 - October 6, 2017 - Month 2

1. Do an open mic night where I sing 1 to 3 songs. At least 1 original song.
2. Request permission to cover Britney Spears "Toxic".
3. Offer volunteer services for opportunity to attend the Fearless Reloaded Conference
4. Start art installation comprised of photographs, my first paintings, original music and poems and journals.
5. Completely write "Beautiful" song.
6. Record and make available for download one original song. Will probably be "Soundtrack For My Soul."
7. Outline who I will like to contact to be a part of the book, "Beautiful."




Comments

  1. Hello Ty,
    I'm sorry you couldn't get to the first event you planned to do a live Mic. I hope soon your going to go for it and sing till your hearts content.
    It's great how you have listed out your goals/plans to to go forth.
    I'm excited to see where things are going for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Cindy, I'm so happy to see you here. Thank you so much. I greatly appreciate your support. You rock. :) I was sad I couldn't make this particular open mic, definitely going to make up for it. xoxo

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts