#YearOfNOFear

Ya'll, o.k., so what had happened was, I Googled myself, LOL. And what I found were some good things and some not so good things. The good things were I liked the hints of love that appeared in my search. There were photos and videos of me wearing the #ChooseLOVE t-shirt {thumbs up} and other photos that were sweet, fun, loving and caring. But there just weren't enough videos or photos of me singing. I'm an aspiring singer and therefore there should be videos and photos of me singing. Now, I'm not one to be hard on myself and I know where my singing block comes from. I also know that most of my blogging journey has been a healing process since the death of my nephew back in 2013 after which time I promised myself I would work toward being my own boss and making a living doing all of the things I love. But you know, it's time to do the darn thing. While I know only time can heal a heart and while I'm still healing, I just can't get stuck in a rut of just saying and not doing, being an "aspiring" singer, photographer, this, that and the other. It is time to BE. So the challenge I've given to myself is to make a list of all of the things I want to be, to do, to make my living as a creativepreneur and do them. Especially in regards to singing. I can take photographs all day, write, blog, be the subject of photo shoots, interview people, but the singing area, ooh wee, it holds huge tinges of fear for me.  So within the next year, starting today, Sunday, August 7, I'm going to go for all of the wild and wacky ideas that comes to my mind. The things that are within my powers I will definitely do and the things that are not within my power, well, I’ll just have to try again and again until I get a yes or after some prayer and meditation I may come to the realization that perhaps certain endeavors of mine may not be for me at all or at the particular given time. I do know that there have been opportunities that I have let pass by due to fear.

The crazy part is that I typically don't take myself too seriously and just have fun with life. I laugh at myself, my falls and all. So why have I been so guarded and not within the same mindset when it comes to singing? It's just a funny thing. During one music session with my cousin, he shared how he can play his bass guitar for anyone and he has played with some big names. However when it comes to public speaking, the fear just kicks in. I shared with him I'm just the opposite. I have done public speaking and even won scholarships for public speaking, but the singing thing, no siree. I have not been able to do. And trust me, I've tried a couple, maybe a few times. I just had a flashback and remembered this story that I've never shared. I tried out as a performer at Six Flags in Atlanta, Georgia back in my 20's. I started the song, got super hot, flustered and just walked away. I could tell that the judges were interested in having me come back, but I grabbed my then boyfriend and whispered, "let's go." The room was filled with my peers as well as the judges and I think that was part of the reason why I couldn't carry on, the size of the crowd. That had to be it {so I’m still guessing}because when I tried out and got into the performing arts school during high school, my audition was, you guessed it, singing, and I even accompanied myself on the piano. But the room was only filled with me, the piano teacher and the musical theater teacher.

It may be useful for me to figure out my blocks, but needless to say, I'm going to do it {big smile.} I would love for you to join me on Facebook and Instagram where I'll share my #YearofNOFear challenges that I give to myself, plus post the accomplishments, as well as any defeats which I know me, I won’t consider anything a defeat, just a lesson well learned and knowing me I will have a journal during this journey so I can learn from any of my mistakes. Along with share my #YearOfNOFear journey on Facebook and Instagram, I'll also write a monthly blog posts sharing each months highlights. So yes, let's do this. Thank you so much for joining me on this journey.
Stay tuned.




Comments

  1. Yasss I'm so proud of you sis! See courage does not mean the absence of fear, but you'll be amazed at what's on the other side after you push through.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Lady, Thank you so much. I'm so proud of you as well. We gotta keep on moving. Keep on moving, can't {don't} stop no. :)

      Delete
  2. Girl! You are killing it with the black dress!
    I know it might be scary at first but you will never know if you don't try! Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's freaky at first but we women got some extremely brave power..we can overcome loads of things when we choose to..Cheers to you..!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love your beautiful words. You are so right, we women definitely have some extremely brave power. Thank you so much. :)

      Delete
  4. That's brave! Good luck with your singing journey. Are you going to be on YouTube as well?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. I will definitely post lots more on YouTube. I would love for you to join me there. :) https://www.youtube.com/user/TheLOVEChannelTV1

      Delete
  5. Go for it and you looking gorgeous in black dress, you should start Youtube channel for sure if you haven't yet.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have nice and perfect black dress. I would love to hear more from you on monthly highlights.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yukti, thank you so much. I would love for you to join me monthly. :) I'm looking forward to sharing lots more music.

      Delete
  7. Year of no fear sounds like a great idea! We all should go towards things which we find a bit scary and just be brave enough to take that step and maybe we can see and feel that we have power to do almost anything fearlessly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very wise words Tina. I love that you chose the word feel, feeling the power. :)

      Delete
  8. Year of no fear sound like the inspiration I could use for myself. More power to you on your singing journey! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. :) Cheers to moving forward without fear.

      Delete
  9. Definitely I wish you well on your year of no fear challenges. It can be very difficult to overcome those. Because those are road blocks that despite your fears are only set up by you and no one else. I know you can do it. You look amazing in that dress by the way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much David and yes, you are right. We set up our own roadblocks of fear. I am definitely guilty of such and look forward to overcoming every single fear. :)

      Delete
  10. How glamorous in that black dress! Year of no fear sounds fantastic, good luck with it x

    ReplyDelete
  11. It is so good to see you enjoying with life also share your thoughts via blog blogs. Do the list that you wish to be sucessful. Life is going on! olgay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Olgay. It is my absolute pleasure to share. I do hope you will stay tuned for more. :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts