PARISH Atlanta Eat, Love, More Please

On a rainy Sunday afternoon I took a drive to downtown Atlanta to finally enjoy the Beltline and to have something good to eat. There was a toss up between Parish and another lovely restaurant that whose online menu looked super tasty also, however Parish won me over. I walked the Beltline, enjoyed the art, Sunday afternoon breeze and even caught one artist creating. This type of thing is like the cherry on top for me. Shortly after passing the artist there she was. A cute brick building that put me in the mind of buildings I had passed in Harlem. Walking into Parish felt very trendy with old world charm to me. The front of the house reminded me of a New York feel and once seated, I looked around and shared with my friend that the shutters and decor reminded me of New Orelans. It was all so charming and super cool.
 Now to the food. Oh my God, can you fall in love with food? Thinking about it, every, single bite had my taste buds dancing and me singing. I'm ready for a trip back down to Atlanta to try the Fried Chicken Benedict all over again. My eyes lit up with the first bite. The Fried Chicken Benedict had the most delicious biscuit which set at the bottom of the juiciest, most flavorful  and crispy chicken breast, topped with a poached egg and sausage gravy. It was just the perfect blend of yumminess. And for my side I chose the potatoes which for me were perfect. I love crispy potatoes that are soft as if they were baked first. They were a perfect side and also seasoned well, very well. To top off this perfect blend of Sunday afternoon brunch I added a mimosa which again was another perfect blend, this time of champagne to orange juice. You know sometimes you get more oj. 🙂 I wish there was room for the Sweet Potato Cinnamon Roll that guests next to me shared was a must have. When it comes to food and travel any reason will do to enjoy more. I'm definitely looking forward to returning to Parish soon. Next time I'm going to start with the cinnamon roll and some coffee then move to a mimosa and debate with myself and taste buds as to rather I should go for another round of the Fried Chicken Benedict or try something new. I'm so looking forward to it. YUM, more please.



Comments

Popular Posts