4 Items To Take Your Summer Maxi Into Fall

I have been so excited about the arrival of my absolute favorite season, Fall. I think I started counting down the days to Fall way back in Spring, LOL. :) While I'm so happy that the Autumn season is finally here, I'm not ready to put away my spring and summer maxi dresses. They're just so comfy, free flowing and boho chic. What I love about a super cute maxi dress is that they can pretty much be worn year round. And during the Fall the cool breezes give maxi dresses that ethereal feel with blows of wind that makes them feel so romantic. The cool breezes, which I so love, means adding a jacket, boots, hat or pull over light shirt.  As the nights get cooler you can perhaps layer the light shirt, jean jacket and add a pair of boots and a hat.

Along with being excited about Fall I was also super excited to receive my first beauty subscription box this month. I was so happy to see the Jack and Lucy Bicoastal Wide Brim Hat. Purchasing a similar hat has been on my list of things to add to my closet for a minute now, so I was like a kid at Christmas opening up the POPSUGAR Must Have box to find something I've been wanting. I'm looking forward to wearing this cutie with a multi strand necklace, some black jeans I recently purchased and perhaps with a black light sweater or shirt. My mind has wondered to wearing the Jack and Lucy hat with my black jeans because my POPSUGAR Must Have box also included a red lip gloss which I think will pop and look so cute with an all black boho chic look. Trying a red lip color has been on my list of things to purchase and try too. Opening the box to find things I've been wanting had me thinking, "Did POPSUGAR somehow read my mind." Click here to see the other goodies that were inside the POPSUGAR Must Have September box.

The Jack and Lucy wide brim hat is going to get a lot of wear this Fall. For starters I grabbed a long sleeve shirt from my cousin's closet and paired it with a summer maxi and my new hat. I loved how soft the shirt felt and the mesh sleeves were perfect for a breezy day in Nashville where the Fall temperatures have gone back and forth from the 70's at night to the low 80's and mid 90's during the day.

For the cooler nights my jean jacket has been fitting the bill. Adding it to my summer maxi dresses have worked perfectly along with ankle boots. I think I may even break out my thigh high boots soon and pair them with a maxi dress, my new wide brim hat and perhaps a leather jacket.

I'm so pleased with my first subscription box experience. I think it may become my new thing {big smile}. Want to try the POPSUGAR Must Have Box experience? Use code SHOP5 for $5 off your FIRST Must Have Box.  
 

 *  POPSUGAR sent me a Must Have Box to try. All opinions are my own.
Photos By: Barry Starnes 

Comments

  1. That dress is so pretty!!! I love wearing my maxi dresses in the Fall. I find someway to make it work. I usually wear a sweater, jacket,etc over it to make it transition over to Fall.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Mistle. :) And I'm with you 100%. I find someway to make it work. As much as I love Fall, it's kind of hard to give up summer's super cute maxi dresses.

      Delete
  2. I love the maxi dress and hat combination! Tres chic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I've never heard of this subscription box. I'll have to look into it. I love that hat and how you styled it. An oversized cardigan or jean jacket is my go to for transitioning summer dresses into fall.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Donnica, I really loved the experience of the subscription box. Opening it up to see all of the goodies inside was like my birthday all over again.:)I love your idea of an oversized sweater to take summer dresses into Fall. And a jean jacket is always a great go to option.

      Delete
  4. I like the maxi with the sweater on top. I think I'll wear that this weekend!

    xo, c.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts