10 Days, 10 Ways to Slim Down and Tone Up - 1.) A Healthy Lifestyle

I'm clapping my hands and have this big ole smile on my face. I feel like one of my little cousins who around the age of 3 or 4 would proclaim, I did it!, whenever he accomplished a task or did something new in his gymnastics class. While attempting to slim down and tone up is nothing new AT-ALL, it does sometimes feel like a gymnastics trick comprised of falling down, trying again, loosing your balance, yet to keep on trying to land that perfect stance or move. You know, this time around, I feel like I truly have it. It feels like this one move I can do over and over again, winning a perfect 10 each time. Now I'm ready to move on to the next move. That move, making slimming down and toning up a part of my lifestyle.

I've been here before. The time before dealt with ceasing to eat fast food and processed foods. It took some years, but I finally got there. There for me was not ceasing all together, however it dealt with not making the two to four stops a week at a fast food place that was all too common place. I aslo cleaned up my diet greatly by learning what to shop organically and doing so. I have to tell you, my health became so much better. We're talking clearer skin, fewer to no allergy complications {I haven't taken allergy medicine in over 16 years now}, having more energy, becoming more focused and decisive versus my cloudy brain and lack of focus, and just overall feeling better in my body.

I'm pretty sure that I've shared before that I had once gotten up to a size 12. On my 5'5 frame, that just did not feel good to me. I remember feeling bloated, frustrated with shopping, having some joint pain, complications with my cycle and more. Now don't get me wrong, I don't think it was the size that mattered, but the foods I consumed that led to these complications as well as my weight.

I'm not really big on weight as much as I on am just feeling energetic, light, comfortable, just feeling good when I'm sitting here at my laptop versus feeling heavy and having something ache. I have to tell you, due to my healthy lifestyle changes, I feel far better in my 40's than I did in my 30's. I want to keep that momentum.

Over the last 10 days I have lost four pounds and one inch from my waist. Woot! Woot! And I'm feeling bright eyed and bushy tailed. :)

I'm so encouraged to keep this healthy lifestyle. And over the last 10 days, really 6 weeks {this journey started here}, I've proven to myself that I can do it!

Comments

Popular Posts