10 Days, 10 Ways to Slim Down and Tone Up - 5.) Healthy Snacks

Today was a great reminder of the importance of having healthy snacks on hand. I got a little behind this morning and didn't have time for breakfast. I was all out of my typical healthy breakfast grab and go oatmeal and yogurt {tomorrow is grocery store day} and didn't want to mess up how well I'm doing with my 10 Days, 10 Ways program by stopping for fast food, which I so rarely do. I want to make sure I keep up that habit of not having a lot of fast food, so healthy snack to the rescue.

I've recently stopped purchasing chips and stopped purchasing cookies {well except for Girl Scout cookie season :)}a long time ago. The go to snacks that I now make a habit of stocking in my pantry are granola, walnuts, pecans, peanuts, cashews, pumpkin seeds and I keep fresh fruit on hand. It's so handy. I always think about what easy carbs and protein can I have on hand for those crazy moments live sometimes throw our way.

I've been working on getting rid of my stubborn belly fat and working toward a healthier waist line, so keeping healthy snacks has been of great help for slimming down overall and especially for the abdomen and waistline. I'm sure I've made my body very unhappy in the past when in a rush, not only would I stress which to my understanding causes the body to release the unhealthy stress hormone cortisol, but I would also skip meals at time and then become so hungry I would stop for fast food. I've read that this is also very bad for blood sugar levels and can add weight to the mid section. So healthy snacks it is for 10 Days, 10 Ways to Slim Down and for an overall healthier way of life.

Comments

Popular Posts