Palm Trees and Snake Skin

It's about time for a trip to Miami. When I think of Miami, the first thing I think of is making it to the beach and how much I love palm trees. I love when they line the street and then you look to either side to view the beautiful blue ocean. It's just so relaxing, so happy and all at the same time so, "yea, I'm in Miami, time to party and have a mojito and just chill on the beach."

So speaking of palm trees, I bought this shirt years ago and hardly ever wear it. This may be my second time wearing it in like 10 years. And then there's my snake skin clutch and bangle that I bought from Victoria's Secret, also many moons ago. I'm not sure why I never thought to pair the two together. I love the feel it gives me of being stranded on an island or beach surrounded by palm trees, but of course no snakes, lol. But the mix of the two prints kind of gives an animalistic feel. Plus I'm also a fan of green and brown, it's just not a combination I think of often. I'm mainly drawn to black or vivid colors like fuchsia, yellow, deep purple tones, etc.

Last year I challenged myself to add more color to my wardrobe and I've done pretty good with that challenge. Now I'm challenging myself to mix patterns. I love that I'm enjoying fashion and having fun with it again. For years it was just all black and my work uniform which was either black, gray or tan. I'm dipping a toe again by mixing prints via my accessories. Each step will be another toe and eventually my whole foot, thus becoming more bold with mixing prints.



Comments

  1. Love your outfit, and the description you gave on how you got it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovelty blog, dear. Although I would suggest improving photo quality!
    Jill
    http://www.jilldap.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have noticed several clothing items this spring/summer with the palm tree or tropical leaf print. I know it is not a "new" thing, but it definitely continues to be very popular.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Cheyenne, I've noticed the print a bit too this spring/summer. :)I love pretty much anything tropical.

      Delete
  4. I have a hard time matching patterns so I am excited with what you come up with. I think some of my favorite clothes come from the back of my closet that I haven't seen for years!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Alison, Ditto :) And the crazy part is my closet isn't big, but things tend to get buried like it's a walk in, LOL

      Delete
  5. I love the idea of mixing pattern and prints together . I think the snake skin and leafy pattern of the top work really well together. The snakeskin clutch is very vintage looking. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i love the palm tree pattern for the summer so gorgeous

    ReplyDelete
  7. That palm tree leaf pattern is perfect for summer! You can't go wrong with floral prints these days.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mixing patterns is all about fun; you match is really cute.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. And I totally agree, mixing patterns and just having fun with fashion is the way to go. :)

      Delete
  9. Tropical patterns are now so trendy both in clothing and hime decor as well :) Ilove leafy patterns. And snakeskin as well - in clutches and shoes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too Tina. I love snakeskin in shoes and other fashion pieces

      Delete
  10. Nothing says Summer better than palm trees! I love leafy patterns for Summer. Snakeskin, not so much...although I used to have a similar clutch. Expirimenting with fashion is always a good thing. Mixing patterns may be tricky sometimes, but you are doing it well! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Rodanthi. I'm with you, nothing says summer better than palm trees. The beach calls and palm trees await. :)

      Delete
  11. That is the perfect outfit for Miami! I grew up in Palm Beach and we used to drive down to Miami all the time! Loved driving along the beaches!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds like a dream. I wish I lived closer to a beach :)

      Delete
  12. I love colors and therefore my closet is combination of bright to light colors for every occasion. I love your outfit and snake clutch bag.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ana, Thank you :) I'm getting there, to more bright and light colors. I love them, but often find myself going back to black, nudes and charcoals.

      Delete
  13. Your blog is quite good and the photos are also good. Nice outfit you have there. http://giiybu.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your blog is quite good and the photos are also good. Nice outfit you have there. http://giiybu.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Dope outfit :) I would suggest you taking photos using natural light and maybe using better camera, but other than that, great post!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Loved the look! big fan of snake print!...Suchi

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts