Pappadeaux

Where to begin? I almost don't know what to say. I just love this place. Since the day they first opened their doors, the service has always been excellent. The wait time back in the day would easily be 2 to 3 hours. I remember adding my name to the list, going to watch a movie at the theater and coming back excited that I only had a few minutes remaining before my friends and I would be seated. I haven't had to wait that long in some time now. I typically go to Pappadeaux when friends or family come into town or during the week for their happy hour. With the consistency of superb service and food that never fail to make my taste buds dance, I've got to say, this is my favorite happy hour in the Atlanta area. Pappadeaux's is one of my all time favorite restaurants period.

I'm a pretty big fan of New Orleans style cuisine. I recall the days of looking forward to a yearly trip to New Orleans for Mardi Gras. There was always a few things on the must do list. One was going to Ralph and Cuckoos. I haven't been to Nawlins in some time now, however whenever I get in the mood for some crawfish, dirty rice, blackened alligator or a hurricane, Pappadeaux's is the place.

I try new things every now and again when I visit Pappadeaux's, but my absolute favorites are their Hurricane or Swamp Thang drink. When it comes to food I am so in love with Pappadeaux's Seafood Fondue. It has super yummy shrimp, crawfish, spinach and mushrooms topped with cheese. And the garlic bread it is served with is a must also. I almost always enjoy a salad which I don't know how a salad can be so darn good, but it is. I'm in love with the croutons served on the house salad.

Another must for me is the alligator. It comes fried, however I like mine blackened which gives it a spicy kick. And instead of the potato strings that is served with the alligator, it's so worth the purchase to order a plate of dirty rice with garlic butter. YUM. A plate of the rice, topped with the blackened gator and then with just a touch of garlic butter poured over the two is so, so good. I tell you, things get pretty serious. :)

And while I'm not a big oyster girl, I have friends and family that have tried and always enjoyed them. I've personally also enjoyed their salmon with Nicholas sauce, their fried catfish po boy and even their chicken fingers which are yummy, but I'm usually their for all of the great seafood they offer.


Comments

  1. super ricooo se ve todo, iré cuando tenga la oportunidad de viajar

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts