Callie's Hot Little Biscuit Atlanta

https://www.facebook.com/callieshotlittlebiscuitatlanta/
I wish I remembered the bloggers name who posted a photo of Callie's Hot Little Biscuit so I can shout her out. It was her photo of the NC Jumbo Lump Crab Cake biscuit that had me salivating and thinking, "love food, will travel". That's exactly what I did. I traveled to check out the cute spot and super yummy looking crab cake biscuit.

Callie's Hot Little Biscuit sits on a corner in Virginia Highlands. It's such a cute area that I have adored since receiving my first massage job some 15 years ago. The area has always held the best eateries and Callie's Hot Little Biscuit is such a perfect and lovely addition to the neighborhood.

The charming shop showcases a window where an employee can be seen making biscuits. And I hear there is usually a line wrapped around the store. I can only imagine the excitement as you get closer and you see someone making biscuits. I'm one of those crazy people who enjoy the whole experience of a new addition, however luckily, I did not receive the waiting in line experience this time around. I was perfectly o.k. with that. I had not eaten breakfast nor had my first cup of coffee which is very important in my world {smiles}.

On the wall hung a paper scroll with features and the day's specialty biscuit. It was just what I had come for, the NC Jumbo Lump Crab Cake biscuit. The sign shared that it included lemon basil mayonnaise and arugula. Sounds good right? And oh my goodness, yes. It was so delicious. I made myself a self proclaimed crab cake connoisseur about a decade ago when another old stumping ground, work place of mine, Houston's, started to serve the best crab cakes EVER. The crab cake served on Callie's Hot Little Biscuit was just as yummy. The crab cake was made of North Carolina crab meat that was tender and flaky, meshing perfectly with the flakiness and sweetness of the biscuit. The arugula was a nice touch and the lemon basil mayonnaise was just oh so delicious. Once my crab cake was gone, I had a bit more biscuit to finish. The biscuit and lemon basil mayonnaise combo had my eyes rolling back into my head. It was just that good. Almost like eating a crumb lemon cake or lemon pound cake. And even before I had one single bite, my eyes were already happy with the cute little china dish the biscuit was presented on. Had their been matching tea cups for the coffee, that would have just done me in. I'm such a girlie girl or prissy as I've been called {and I'm cool with that}. So pinkie in the air, oh yea {o-yea-yer}.

Now there's an Outkast song playing in my head, ATLiens {I love Outkast}. Speaking of which, the music vibe was cool too, very chill. I'm always thinking about music and food and good vibes and love and Callie's Hot Little Biscuit had all of that. I'm excited to share the experience with my friends and to try more of Callie's Hot Little Biscuits.


Comments

Popular Posts