Happy New Year Yumminess

Happy New Year! :) I hope you guys had a great New Year's Eve and are enjoying the first day of 2016. I've gotta share. I am loving day one of 2016. It included one of my favorite things, eating and eating in one of my favorite cities, Atlanta.

I decided to try something new and ended up at King + Duke. It has taken the place of another food spot I used to love, Nava. The decor is super cool, lending its way to a literary theme. It's also quaint and cozy, with curtain panels and light fixtures that are a serenity, gray/blue color, that makes it all feel very relaxing.

So now to the food. The King + Duke cinnamon rolls are the best I have ever had. They have the perfect touch of chewiness, crispiness and cinnamon that I love. Plus I tasted bits of butter which I love and the cream cheese icing, was, well, let's just say it was the perfect icing on the cake. It fit the bill perfectly for me because it wasn't too sweet or tart. I could go to King + Duke to sit at the bar for a nice hot coffee and cinnamon roll and be perfectly happy.

I also enjoyed breakfast there. Yummy bacon and eggs and crispy potatoes to write home about. The crispy potatoes were the most delicious with a crème fraiche. I want to say there was dill in the fraiche which complimented the potatoes so well along with caramelized onions and peppers.

There was plenty of food all around. I end up taking an entire cinnamon roll home, along with some coffee and bacon. The next time you're in Atlanta, King + Duke will make an excellent stop for food. Plus I hear the drinks are really good. I will have to try one of their drinks next time. And without a doubt, it is a wonderful stop for some cinnamon rolls and coffee. All of which you can walk off by heading across the street to Atlanta's Rodeo Drive of the south to do a little shopping.



Popular Posts