(You Make Me Feel Like) A Natural Woman

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5RIgeu-6Jcs
 
I just had to take a moment to share a big congratulations to Kennedy Center honoree Carole King. She is one of my all time favorite singers and songwriters. One of my favorite songs written by King is "(You Make Me Feel Like) A Natural Woman". And Aretha Franklin's performance of it has just always been so brilliant to me. I could watch this video of the Queen of Soul singing "(You Make Me Feel Like) A Natural Woman" a million times and probably cry each and every time. 

It just touches me so, King's reaction to Franklin singing the song. And then the many women in the audience singing it. Oh my goodness. I loved Viola Davis going to church during the performance. I also loved Gina Rodriguez getting into the song. Then there was the beautiful and honorable Cicely Tyson who I enjoyed watching get into the performance.

There's just something about music isn't it? That wonderful universal language of love. I just love it. 

Another big congratulations to Carole King and all of the honorees. I hear Cece Winans gave an awesome performance to Ms. Cicely Tyson. Ms. Tyson is so amazing and so beautiful. Did I say amazing already? Beautiful? :) 

I can not wait to see all of the tributes to the honorees. 

Popular Posts