Tuesday's Touch of Boho - African Print Dress

http://www.farfetch.com/shopping/women/Herve-Leger-African-print-peplum-dress-item-11108053.aspx?fsb=1
Just last week for Tuesday's Touch of Boho, I was sharing that I'm on a mission to add more color to my closet. It is filled with so much white, black, beige and gray. Before I head out to shop, I like to take a little inventory of what's in my closet to see what I already have. I'm big on purging each season and just do not like a bunch of stuff. So planning what I already have so I know what things to buy when I shop helps a lot with my desire to not have a closet full of stuff. Especially items that I do not wear. That was almost the case with my beautiful African print dress that I've only worn once this year.

I purchased my lovely, doll of a dress when I visited Philly back in June. My uncle took us to the Odunde Festival which was oh my goodness, so full of love, music, dance, fashion and art. When I saw this dress I could not resist. Plus anyone who knows me know that I LOVE multi functional pieces. The dress I purchased in Philly can be worn in about 7 different ways. I'm going to have to do a video of the many ways that it can be worn. This summer I wore it as part of the #ChooseLOVE campaign as a skirt with the #ChooseLOVE campaign t-shirt.

For this Tuesday's "Touch of Boho" I wore the dress as an off shoulder dress. I paired it with my black over the knee boots and black leather coat for the chilling weather. I decided to go with my wooden clutch and shell necklace whose beads and strings mimicked the colors of the clutch. And I went with my hair down to let my fro flow. :)

I'm excited to wear my African print dress in its many different ways, pairing it with different jackets, coats, sweatshirts and sweaters for various looks. It definitely fulfills my desire to add more color to my closet and I think it will become a new staple and favorite.
http://www.boohoo.com/usa/invt/azz00302?istCompanyId=60431c28-28ed-4bb3-8d67-b2354978c9d8&istItemId=qtwirixwq&istBid=t&cj_linkd=12378040&cj_webid=2178999&cj_sid=1740735386&cj_affid=1909792&cj_affname=ShopStyle.com&utm_source=COMMISSIONJUNCTION&utm_medium=affiliates&utm_term=2178999&cm_mmc=affiliates-_-commissionjunction-_-2178999-_-alpha&source=CJ
https://www.couturecandy.com/vava-by-joy-han-lana-off-shoulder-dress-in-black/
http://www.vestiairecollective.com/women-clothing/dresses/asos/multicolour-asymmetric-dress-special-edition-africa-asos-1862547.shtml?ranMID=40393&utm_source=linkshare_us&utm_support=affiliation&utm_campaign=concept_us&utm_content=1862547J84DHJLQkR4-HuWON.pCLih9KY5uF5gTkg
http://us.asos.com/Fallen-Star-Velvet-Off-Shoulder-Dress-with-Embroidery/17ymoc/?iid=5404398&istCompanyId=467dd896-9a62-42c2-84d9-be2d13921f66&istItemId=mmrxmrtim&istBid=t&transaction_id=10284d527dba81d1ef6982e5da3670&affid=10607
Here are some super cute off shoulder and/or African print dresses that I found online. Links in article and photos are to some of the dresses below.
 

Popular Posts