Music Monday News - Lionel Richie at Planet Hollywood

{UPDATE: Monday, February 15, 2016}
Oh my gosh, I so wish I could have been at the MusiCares event that honored Lionel Richie. The event raised the most to date, $7 million dollars. Woo hoo. And all the reports of the night of music are just rocking my world.

I hear Dave Grohl did a great rendition of "You Are" preceded by a super cute story of how he even knows Lionel Richie. It includes muffins and an unfortunate accident for Dave. I'm glad he's all better. Lenny Kravitz rocked out "Running With The Night", Florence Welch did a folk style "Dancing On The Ceiling" and "Jesus Is Love", my all time favorite love song, was sung by Yolanda Adams. Wow.

My #MusicMonday wishes are, they air this and that I get to see Lionel Richie in Vegas this year. The outrageous cherry on top would be the awesome opportunity to interview Lionel Richie for The Love Channel with Ty Swint's  #UInspire series.

Congratulations to Lionel Richie on his honor and for raising funds for this great organization that helps musicians who need medical and financial support. Read more from Rolling Stone here.



OUTRAGEOUS!!! I'm so excited by the news that Lionel Richie will hold a residency at Planet Hollywood in Vegas next year. I'm always looking for an excuse to go to Vegas and really any excuse will do when it comes to traveling, but Lionel Richie. Oh my gosh. Richie's body of work is just so amazing to me. He is hands down one of my all time favorite songwriters and singers.

And I know I've shared this story probably a million and one times that I used to love listening to "Jesus Is Love" at my grandmother's house. That song and being at my grandmother's just hold such wonderful memories for me. And when I became an adult and read somewhere that Richie started writing the song as a romantic love song, but it turned into "Jesus Is Love", oh my God, that just gave me chills.

Ya'll send up some prayers for me. One of my ultimate dreams is to interview Mr. Richie and also to one day work with him songwriting. Even if it's just one song. What an honor that would be.

And more exciting news about Richie. He has been named MusiCare's Person of the Year. Richie will be honored  as MusiCares Person of the Year on Saturday, February 13, 2016. Performers that will help honor Richie are multi Grammy winning artists Lenny Kravitz, Usher, Zac Brown, Stevie Wonder {Stevie Wonder ya'll}, singer/songwriter Luke Bryan and more. Additional great artists are to be named soon. Read more about Richie's wonderful contributions to music here.

It's going to be a wonderful and outrageous year in music next year. :)

Popular Posts