Kerry Washington, Taraji P. Henson and Mary J. Blige in Apple Music Commercial

Oh my god! Did Mary just break out the mixtapes? I love it! I was so that girl who would sit next to her boom box all day long waiting for my favorite songs to come on so I could, get ready, and press play and record at the same time. And when the DJ would start to talk before the song ended, I was like "ahh man". So I would rewind and just record from there hoping the song the DJ talked over would soon make it back to the line up. I already know without a doubt that the Apple Music subscription service will be a lot easier. It has to be right? And what did Kerry say? "It's like you have a boyfriend who makes you a mixtape in your laptop."

And come on with the casting. Wow! I really don't believe this Apple Music commercial could have been cast any better. Kerry Washington. I've adored her work and her since "Save The Last Dance". And Taraji P. Henson, my first introduction to her was in the movie "Baby Boy" and I've been a fan since. And oh my goodness, the Queen Mary J. Blige. I'm sure I know every single song. If she was not in this commercial a song of Mary's would have definitely been so cool. I'm singing and thinking Mary J. Blige's remix of Rolls Royce's "I'm Going Down" or "Real Love" would have been perfect. As much as I love music I can not believe I am just now seeing this commercial.

I am so proud of these women and their awesome bodies of work. Kerry Washington, Taraji P. Henson and Mary J. Blige #UInspire.

Oh and two more things. One, outside of absolutely loving this commercial, I'm also loving the fashion. I had to see if I could find the looks. I started with Mary J. Blige. Does Mary have a clothing line? If not she should. When I think thigh high boots I think Mary and that swag walk she has when she moves across the stage. See below for some super cute jumpsuits and knee high boots. And two, see also below for a list of the songs that are played in this commercial.

Thank you Apple Music. This commercial is the best or in the spirit of the music that was played, I feel like I should say, "It was all that and a bag of chip." LOL

Music In Commercial 

Slick Rick - Children's Story  
Snoop Dog - Gin & Juice
Blackstreet featuring Dr. Dre and Queen Pen- No Diggity
Phil Collins - In The Air Tonight  
Busta Rhymes - Touch It 

Puff Daddy featuring Lil Kim, Notorious B.I.G, The Lox 

Similar Look To Mary J. Blige's 





 

Comments

Popular Posts