'ONE Musicfest' Kickoff Block Party

Friday, August 28 - #ChooseLOVE Campaign Day 69

Someone was all too excited for cotton candy and the kick off block party for this year's 'ONE Musicfest'. Held Friday, August 28 at Compound in Atlanta, the block party rocked. It was a beautiful outdoor setting with live and DJ spun music. The lovely DJ OhSo turned a different set inside which was just as gorgeous and cool. The staff were all super sweet and just too cute. And I loved the golden picture frame displays which showcased ads of sponsors and for the upcoming ONE Musicfest.

This year's 'ONE Musicfest' will take place Saturday, September 12 at Aaron's Amphitheatre at Lakewood. And the music line up, oh-my-goodness, is just, man. I can't find the word. I am so hoping to see Ms. Lauryn Hill. She's just a goddess to me. The years of the Miseducation of Lauryn Hill were some of the best ever in music history. Hill would be the reason I tuned into many of the music award shows. And then all of her videos, her gorgeous locs and of course the music were just all so kick butt.

I've seen Janelle Monae in concert before and the performance she puts on is one I can see over and over again. Her shows are just so energetic. I definitely hope I get to see Janelle Monae and Wondaland and also The Roots.

'ONE Musicfest' is more than just a festival, it's a summer block party complete with artists, interactive games, DJ's and more. The kick off party was super fun with cotton candy, food trucks, snow cones, a bouncer house, face painting and more. I can only imagine with the kick off block party being so much fun, the 11 hours that the 'ONE Musicfest' will bring is just going to be, wow!


Comments

Popular Posts