#ChooseLOVE Campaign Day 71 - Forever Young

Sunday, August 30

Does love keep us young? I think so. I really do. Love is this amazing feeling. Oh my goodness, so amazing. Just thinking about love makes me smile. I definitely do not feel like my 40 something self and I attribute that to the love I have inside. Love makes us happy, yes? I'm smiling again.

I'm thinking about other ways that love may keep us young and almost always I go back to self love. I recall a time in my life when I did not choose self love. I was very abusive to my body by drinking too much, not getting enough sleep, not liking what I saw in the mirror and not choosing the best relationships. I think I had more wrinkles from frowning back in my late 20's and early 30's than I do now in my 40's. I'm guessing some of that was the alcohol and dehydration, but I still think smiling and love, especially self love keeps us young and happy. I'm thinking about Betty White now and thinking I've got to ask her her secret for staying forever young. Forever Young has been in my head since yesterday. I love that song. And P.S., how did I not know that Bob Dylan is one of writers? That was a cool bit of information to learn.

Well here's to self love, love of others, the wonderful universal language of love, music and to staying forever young. 

May the good Lord be with you
Down every road you roam
And may sunshine and happiness
surround you when you're far from home
And may you grow to be proud
Dignified and true

And do unto others
As you'd have done to you...........

Forever Young

And may you never love in vain
and in my (your) heart you will remain

Forever Young, Forever Young






Comments

Popular Posts