#ChooseLOVE Campaign Day 35 - Warhol Neglect

Saturday, July 25
Yesterday,day 35 of the #ChooseLOVE campaign I started the day by sleeping in. That's my favorite way to spend my Saturday mornings. It had been such a long time since I gave myself the permission to sleep in. The last few months my Saturdays have been all about getting in a few extra hours of work from my day job, planning outfits for 5 to 7 days in advance, blog reads in regards to learning the business side of things and much more stuff I won't bore you with. It's all been a balancing act that I'm still fine tuning.

So after I finally got up, I text a friend who shared she was in town. We got together for breakfast and to be honest, I wore the same thing as Friday. I have found myself going to my torn jeans a lot. I'm thinking that I should not allow myself to get comfortable going to my jeans and t-shirt all the time, but I think it may be too late for that. I may have to give my jeans away, otherwise I know it'll become too easy of a go to. I don't want to get stuck in that rut. So I have to be sure to not neglect the other clothing items in my closet.

Another thing that I can not neglect is my hair. I was thinking about the last time I had my hair straightened and it was either September or November of last year. That's a long time. I was curious to check my hair growth so I did that little thing I do and stretched out my kinky curls and wow, it has grown a lot. I was pretty excited, but at the same time I know it has been a long time since I last had it trimmed, so I figured I'd better save my excitement until after my hair appointment.

I'm feeling a little guilty I type because I have really neglected my hair this year. I typically tie it up at night with a silk scarf, but yeah, I can count the times I've done that this year. And I usually twist it after a wash and condition which I would do once per week. This year I've gone to a shampoo and conditioner in one, and find myself just putting my hair up into a bun after its wash. And speaking of conditioning, I have not done a single deep treatment this year. Man, ole man. I have got to get on it.

I guess some good news that I feel good about is that I have learned more about light in reference to photography. I should be ready to apply for my business license soon as I have been researching how to structure my business. I've learned a little about intellectual property. And I've been working on my music. Oh and I've learned to code a little. Just little things dealing with HTML codes. So while my hair went a little neglected, I have been getting things done in other areas. This will all be second nature soon. So I tell myself.
Sausage and Gravy Skilett - J. Christopher's 


Comments

Popular Posts