#ChooseLOVE Campaign Day 32 - I've Got The Music In Me

Yes, yes, I do and I can not wait to share more of my music with you.

It's day 32 of the #ChooseLOVE Campaign. I put that in bold, 32, because Wow!!! The summer is moving right along. It's this feeling of time moving too fast, but at the same time not fast enough. I'm just so excited about all that is taking place. I'm like a kid in a candy store, yet at the same time an adult trying to juggle the typical adult stuff, paying bills, working to pay bill (lol) and at the same time being that bright eyed kid inside that still feels like everything and anything is possible. I think I probably feel that way because that's just kind of me and I don't take life too seriously and the main thing I think that keeps me thinking that anything is possible is because the word tells me so. All things all possible through God. And I tell you what, He is surely strengthening me with each and every day.

Today I carved out some time to write and I thought, I'm curious to know just how much music people like Michael Jackson (my heart), Stevie Wonder, Lionel Richie, India Arie, Lenny Kravitz, Dolly Parton, any music artists really, have stored away that is just never heard. I imagine they have TONS! The reason that came to mind is because I have so much music recorded and I sometimes don't file it "properly" which makes it hard for me to go back find a song that I wish to work on. 

I tried organizing my music last year and I had actually gotten off to a pretty good start. At that time I had organized about 100, 105 songs. Out of how many, I never finished counted or organizing the rest. That's a lot to me. They weren't all complete. Many of them were just thoughts. I usually start with a hook that comes to mind, often a melody and go back to write versus and so forth.

Here recently I started to jot down notes in my calendar for those songs that I just felt extra, extra connected to so I could easily go back to find them. I'm thinking to myself that there has to be a better way. I'm sure someone will share a secret or two. Meantime I will just continue to write, write, write, all that is in my spirit and in my soul. I've got the music in me. :)



Comments

Popular Posts