Keep On Dancing

As I sit down to write this article, there is a part of me that wants to cry. They are happy tears however. It's just that there are so many beautiful spirits in the world, beautiful people, however at times it just does not feel that way. Amidst all of the turmoil in the world and in my life personally, I had the wonderful opportunity to getaway to the mountains of Tennessee over the Memorial Day weekend. The highlight of my trip was dancing with Mr. and Mrs. Patton in Gatlinburg, Tennessee. Oh my gosh, they were just the cutest. And they danced and danced, non stop to each song that was played. I had to join them (smile).

I went over between one of the music sets to share with Mr. Jack and Ms. Doris that I just loved their energy and thought they were so wonderful. Ms. Doris read my mind when the next song started to play and asked if I would like to dance. "Yes, I would love to join ya'll", I responded. I laugh at myself because after one song I was kind of pooped (note to self, I have seriously got to get back to the gym, to walking, dancing, something on a regular basis). And the Patton's had been dancing for I don't know how long before I arrived. I witnessed them dance for about 15 minutes during the time I was there. Wow, right?! Again, I just can not get over how cute they were.

After our dance, Mrs. Patton offered me a calender with the sweetest photos of them dancing at various venues. And she had marked their wedding anniversary on both the 2015 and 2016 sides. Next year, the Patton's will celebrate their 60th wedding anniversary. Is that not just the best thing? I know I asked, however I forget how long Mrs. Patton shared that they had been dancing.

Before leaving I shared with Mrs. Patton how much I enjoyed dancing with them and how they were just the highlight of my trip with their dance, energy and kindness. It was just what I needed. And I just want to share with you guys to keep on dancing. I often say this crazy thing called life can be just that, crazy. Sometimes it can be so tough to do the little things that brings us and others joy. Simple things like smiling, saying kind words, choosing love. It can sometimes seem easier to fall down that rabbit hole of misery, pulling others down with us, starting to speak words that are hurtful and forgetting to smile and to love.

Having recently been around negative energy and allowing myself to almost go down that rabbit whole, forgetting those things that are most important, the Patton's were heaven sent. I am very thankful for the chance to get away and recoup and to have the precious moment to dance with the Patton's. The sweet moment reminded me to keep on smiling, keep on loving and to Keep On Dancing. :)



Comments

Popular Posts