'Free People' Festival Fashion



While Coachella and SXSW are over, there are still so many great music festivals to catch this  summer. Shaky Knees Festival in Atlanta, Georgia starts Friday, May 8, ending on Mother's Day, Sunday, May 10. Then there's the Bonnoroo in June, Lollapalooza in July, Glastonbury in August and so many more in between and even well into the fall season. With so many music festivals to enjoy, there's no better place to find festival fashion than Free People. Viewing the Free People catalog, visiting their website or a store always gives me the feeling of a carefree, bohemian lifestyle where people live freely, expressing themselves through art, music and travel. Their clothes feel light, comfortable and are always so super cute, boho and dreamy.

Free People White Provision in Atlanta, Georgia recently held an event where the store's stylists assisted guests with finding festival fashion in conjunction with the Shaky Knees Festivals. There were so many beautiful options from which to choose. When deciding what I want to wear to a music festival, I like to consider comfort, cuteness and something free flowing. I love when in the evening, a festival lends itself to a nice breeze that creates a nice flow to a garment, plus it is a nice break from the heat of the day. Lighter garments for me helps to keep me cool during the day hours of the music festivals I have attended in the past. I prefer wedges or a heel, however I have only done that once and decided that was not the route to take ever again (smile). I am all about the cute and comfortable so I can completely enjoy the music, dancing, jumping up and down, spinning round and round (smile again). 

So while I unfortunately can not attend the Shaky Knees Festival, fingers crossed, I may have the opportunity to attend Bonnoroo, The Riverbend Festival or the Forecastle Festival. I saw Twenty One Pilots, Gary Clark Jr. and in my Oprah voice OUUUUTKASSSTS, at the Forecastle Festival last year. It was, oh my goodness, it was, I almost don't have the words for how great it was. So with those wonderful memories in mind, I figured I'd better start to consider my festival fashion

Free People's 'Full of Love Shapeless Dress' rocked my world. It's super cute and super comfy. Pairing it with the Free People Eliza Straw Hat would be really nice to help shade myself from the sun during the day and when I remove it at night the Free People Decorative Hair Cuff would be a really cute reveal in my braid.  And then I'm really loving the Free People Mont Blanc Sandal in Tan Distressed. They are so cute and look so comfortable. Lastly some Mantra Beaded Bracelets would be a perfect ending touch. My mantra, #ChooseLOVE :)



Comments

Popular Posts