A Night At The High Museum of Arts


I have wanted to see legendary photographer, Gordon Park's "Segregation Story" since I first heard about its exhibit coming to the High Museum of Arts in Atlanta, Georgia. Last Friday evening I finally received the opportunity to view the exhibit.

It's hard for me to describe why I wanted to see it and why it moved me. I guess it is because of the heart that went into the art. I am so deeply moved by Mr. Park's statement that shares he wishes to undo racial stereotypes by providing a positive, complex account of real people.


Gordon Park's "Segregation Story" is at the High Museum of Arts through June 21, 2015. If you are in Atlanta or plan to visit soon the museum offers a plethora of events and exhibits to enjoy. My friends and I particularly enjoyed the 3rd Friday offerings. Tickets are half price after 4 p.m. And we really enjoyed the complimentary art class. It was such a wonderful and fun experience. You just show up anytime between 6 p.m. to 9 p.m., take a seat and get to it. The model provided different poses and faced each section of the circle as a timer went off.

There is also live jazz with a side fashion show because the folks in Atlanta, especially the women, are no joke when it comes to looking good and putting together their attire. And then there is the gorgeous museum which I had forgotten just how stunningly beautiful it is. I can not wait to return and spend more than just a night at the High Museum of Arts, but rather an entire day.




Comments

Popular Posts