#UInspire - Capturing Life

When you see the photography of one of Southern California's most sought after photographers and editors, there will be no question as to why. Lisa of LisaLisa Photography has an amazing way of storytelling through her lens. There is no doubt this Southern California great will very soon be a worldwide great. A photographer whose style combines the aesthetics of photo journalism but also loves candid moments, Lisa’s art is much like the popular Humans of New York with the ability to leap from your screen, bringing you closer to the subject. In her interview with The Love Channel Lisa shares what inspired her love of photography and also shares what camera equipment she uses.

http://lisalisa.smugmug.com/
 {Photo: Worried}
Name: Lisa
Age: 35
Hometown: Pasadena
Currently lives in Glendale, CA 

{TLC}: Can you recall what initially inspired your love for the art of photography?
Lisa: Just the idea of being able to capture a moment in time that quite possibly can never be repeated or recreated again fascinates me. 

{TLC}:  How old were you when you first began to enjoy photography?
Lisa: I’m not sure of the exact age but I remember having one of those Polaroid cameras with the flashbulb you can only use a few times and the picture you had to shake to develop…haha the good ol’ days. 

{TLC}: How long have you been a professional photographer?
Lisa: 3 years 

{TLC}: Do you have a favorite subject that you like to photograph?
Lisa: I LOVE street photography. When I can capture someone in their natural element, not posed, and candid…it makes my heart swell. In those candid photos, so much emotion can be conveyed from just the simplest of expressions…that’s what I try to capture. I also like landscape photography. Vast fields, colorful landscapes…its all so beautiful.
http://lisalisa.smugmug.com/
 {Photo: Swag}
http://lisalisa.smugmug.com/
{Photo: Cloudy Sunset}
{TLC}: Is there anything you find challenging about being a photographer?
Lisa: Sure, there are always challenges. But most of my challenges are fighting with myself on how I want to compose a shot or which photos to process. 

{TLC}: Is there a favorite quote or saying that helps you through the challenges and inspires you to press forward?
Lisa: I don’t have a particular quote…but I always remind myself that life is about learning and making mistakes is a part of that process. Without mistakes, you won’t learn. 

{TLC}: Is there anything else you would like to share with The LOVE Channel?
Lisa: For all the budding photographers out there…it’s not about your camera equipment in the beginning. Learning how to compose a shot is one of the most important aspects of photography…in my humble opinion.
Camera Equipment:
Canon 7D
Sony A7r
http://lisalisa.smugmug.com/
 {Photos: Freckles}

Lisa you are a HUGE inspiration for me. Of course I will always adore you for the awesome video you did for Ode To Michael. I am a huge fan of your work and have taken notes from your interview. Thank you so much for sharing your creativity with The Love Channel.  #UInspire

You can see more of Lisa’s work on her website.

Popular Posts